Hey everyone! It's been a while, eh? I've decided to actually edit some pictures and get some posts together insttead of being a super lazy bum. I promise lots of swatches, reviews, a January Favorites and even a giveaway for Valentine's Day! But first, let's check out this month's Ipsy bag!
January's theme is Super Stars! "Create your new year, new you, or new look with the awesome star products from January's brands."
This month's Ipsy bag is a plain ol' navy vinyl bag until... (Does this opening sound like last month's bag?)
You open up to find a super cute starry interior! (And a sneak peek to what's inside!)
SOHO "Get A Grip" Crease Brush - Buy
I love me some new brushes! I received the crease brush but they also sent out concealer and eyeliner brushes as well. This brush is super soft but I think it's a little too big for my eyes to use as a crease brush. It is amazing for softening out edges though.
SOHO "Get A Grip" Crease Brush
Tuscan Blood Orange Body Butter - Buy
This stuff right here! Where do I even start? I'm totally diggin' body butters this month (especially with the horribly cold New England weather it brings) - they've been my body saviors so this came at a perfect time. While I'm not a huge fan of an orange scent, I wasn't bothered by this one.
Big Sexy Hair Spray & Play Volumizing Hair Spray - Buy
It's so funny that I got this because this is the exact hairspray I currently use! The size that Ipsy sent out are perfect to toss in your purse and go. I really love this spray because of the hold and volume it gives.
Nailtini Straight Up Nail Lacquer in Bloody Mary - Buy
Another Nailtini polish and I'm not complainin'! This is one of the prettiest reds (with a slight cool undertone) that I've seen. Granted, if you have a red polish, you don't need to run out and buy this one. It's nothing special, nonetheless very pretty.
Josie Maran Argan Oil - Buy
Another goodie that's amazing to have if you've never tried it! The only other Argan Oil I've tried is the one from Julep (also amazing). I recommend buying this if you've never tried this oil before. If you have tried Argan Oil, I kind of feel like they're all the same and you don't really need to go get this.
Overall, I loved this bag! It definitely lived up to the name of "Super Stars". This bag was filled with cult classic beauty favorites! I loved it.
Hi dollfaces! Tonight I have a post that is very long overdue: Pure Ice Holiday polishes exclusive to Walmart! I know, I know. It's not the holidays anymore but I feel like all of these polishes are wearable all year long!
Pure Ice Holiday Collection
L-R: The Secret Is Out!, Bring On The Joy, Cherries On Top, Five-Some, First Party, Free Fall.
Free Fall is a hot pink base with a very subtle icy blue shimmer.
The blue shimmer is very subtle on the nail but at the same time gives dimension to the polish from being just another hot pink polish. I really like this one! Not only did I have no issues with the formula of this polish but it's a one-coater!
Cherries On Top is the perfect cherry red.
DEAD. And I normally don't like red nail polish! This is my all time FAVORITE red. I can't even begin to tell you how amazing it is but I guess I can try ;) It's super creamy and another one-coater!
The Secret Is Out! is a creamy kelly green.
Another absolutely amazing color from Pure Ice and another of my new favorites! I've never really been a huge green kind of girl but I fell in love when I put this on. Same perfect formula as the others.
Five-Some is a black jelly base with various micro glitters.
Shown with two coats over a clear base. Another A+ in my book. Perfect formula! This picture is shown without a top coat (hence it looking a little bumpy).
Bring On The Joy is a clear base chock full of blue glitter.
This is two coats over The Secret Is Out! little did I know that this could probably be opaque in only two coats. Whomp whomp. Needless to say, amazing formula and zero issues with it.
First Party is a clear base with red glitter.
Unlike Bring On The Joy, this glitter top coat probably wouldn't work by itself. I really love this over Free Fall. Again, zero issues with application!
As with all Pure Ice polishes, this collection is free off formaldehyde, toluene and DBP.
Where to buy: The Holiday Collection are new limited edition shades created exclusively to Walmart. $1.97 each!
Hello my little butterflies! Today I have for you part two of the gorgeous Weekend Nails sent to me from Crystal Clark! For those who didn't see part one, here's a quick intro:
"I first found Crystal Clark nails browsing through my Instagram feed and saw some gorgeous nails she had made up for the Nailgasm Documentary. SO trendy, intricate and fun! Luckily, Crystal and I talked and she was amazing enough to send out some nails for me to try out and review. Working with the likes of Solange Knowles and with magazines such as Vogue and Glamour (y'know, just to name a few), Crystal's handmade nails are one-of-a-kind works of art of the highest quality. If that last sentence didn't make you die of envy already, top all of that off with her being a New York Fashion Week veteran AND a super duper sweetheart. Yeah, I'm jealous!"
Crystal sent me two sets of Weekend nails - one full set (left) for both hands and another set (right) of accent nails!
I'm sure all of you know how much I love funky nails - the brighter the better!
Naturally, I couldn't decide which one to use as an accent nail so I decided to go crazy and wear them all at once! This set came with 22 nails in every size imaginable to chose from. Every nail inside the set came with three to four nails of the same design or color scheme to use. Again, this set is not for your both hands but rather as an accent nail or two for them.
I also really love how different every nail is. You can really try out different nail shapes and lengths with these!
How I put on fake nails:
- First, I push back my cuticles and remove any nail polish I have on. I like to start with a clean slate!
- Next, I try on the fake nails before gluing them down and see what sizes work for me.
- Taking nail glue, I use a thin layer over my naked nail and press the nail on. Make sure not to flood the cuticles with the glue. Or, ahem, glue your fingers together.
- Trim the nails down to your liking. You can do this before you put the nails on or after.
Where to buy: Etsy
Availability: Unfortunately (and fortunately), most styles are only made once! That means limited edition, baby! Make sure to check out Crystal Clark's work at her website!
* This product was sent to me for an honest review! You'll get the truth and nothing but the truth! :)
It's (was) day five of Painting In The New Year which means CONFETTI! I know, I know, I'm four days behind but hey, I'm pretty proud I finished it.
Now, when I think confetti, I think glitter and LOTS of it in every size, shape and color imaginable. Do you see where I'm going with this one?
I used: Wet N Wild 2% Milk as the base and than layered Lynnderella Inner Space, Sweets To The Sweet, The Glittering Crowd, Lacquistry It's A Friggin' Cricus and 365 Days of Color Rock Candy (not pictured).
I love this! This was WAY more sparkly in person. It reminds me so much of confetti on the floor! This is the last challenge for Painting In The New Years. Well, was. I'm a little bit late on this one. Whoopsies! I can't wait to participate in another challenge. Hopefully, I can actually do the next one on time!
Hi lovers! I know, I know. I've promised this post for forever. But alas, wait no more! (Excuse the weird brown tinge to the pictures. I was playing with my settings.) Here it is:
Favorite Face Wipes: Say Yes to Grapefruit Facial Towelettes
A bit random of a favorite to start off with but since I don't really use anything on my face (cleanser, face wash, etc.) this is all I use! I've noticed that whenever I use this, it takes off ALL of my make up (unlike a lot of other make-up remover wipes I've tried in the past) and smells amazing. I am careful around my eyes with this because it burns like crazy if it gets in there. Ouchies!
Favorite Lotions: William-Sonoma Hand Lotion & B&BW Vanilla Bean Noel Lotion
I don't even know where the Williams-Sonoma lotion came from (Seriously. I didn't buy it. It just randomly appeared.) and I'm convinced it's from the Hand Gods because this lotion has seriously saved my hands. The lemon scent is just right (not too Pinesol-y) and not strong. This lotion doesn't leave your hands greasy at all. I think B&BW Vanilla Bean Noel lotion goes without any explanation. Amazing scent and awesome name ;)
- Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette - Quite possibly my most favorite thing nonetheless make-up I've ever had. I just am so in love with every color in this palette.
- Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette - Another amazing palette from UD! This one is all matte shades minus a really gorgeous "highlighter" shadow. Love it and it's a steal for $27!
- Laura Geller Baked Body Frosting in Tahitian Glow - From my November Favorites that's continued into this year. This bronzer does have shimmer but it's super subtle on the face.
- Maybelline Color Whisper in Berry Ready - These may have just come out in late December but it's already found a spot on my favorites list! Berry Ready is the most amazing fuschia berry color that leaves a nice little stain once it wears away.
- L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes - FAVORITE. MASCARA. I'VE. EVER. TRIED. PERIOD.
- Chella Defining Eyebrow Gel - This popped up in one of my Ipsy bags and I'm so thankful I did! This gel keeps my eyebrows in check and in place. No unruly brows here!
- Mirabella Primer - This year was a lot of firsts for me - primer included! I never really used primer underneath foundation or eyeshadow but always wondered why my make-up never stayed put. This primer goes on silky smooth and keeps my foundation and eyeshadow lasting all day long.
Favorite Beauty Accessories:
- Real Techniques Contouring Brush - Instead of using this for contouring, I use this as a bronzing and all-over-face brush. It's insanely soft and holds just the right amount of product
- B&BW I Love You Bouquet Anti-Bac - It's not a favorites post until I've posted a B&BW anti-bac, right? I swear I'm not a germaphobe!
- Alex & Ani Bracelet with cupcake charm - My friend bought me this for Christmas. How adorable is it? My nickname is "Cupcake" so it fits :)
- Grey Faux Leather Bracelet with Crystal Bar - My parents bought me this for my birthday and it's been one of my favorite bracelets ever.
- Betsey Johnson Lock & Key Bracelet - Need I say more? I think the picture explains it all.
- Multi-Color Skull Bracelet - Yeah. I love skulls.
- Bath & Body Works Vanilla Bean Noel - A perfume named after me? Oh, Bath and Body Works, you shouldn't have! ;) I wish this perfume was available all year!
- PINK Warm & Cozy - I originally saw this on Bethany's (MacBarbie07) Favorites video and was like, "I need to smell this." This girl makes me buy everything, I swear. I ended up loving it and received it for Christmas!
- Victoria's Secret Heavenly - This perfume makes me drool in a totally good way. It's a sweet mix of chocolate and cinnamon and I don't even know how to describe it other then that if you don't have this, you need this!
Essie Sand Tropez, Pomegranate Midnight Satellite, P&K Bruised, China Glaze Sweet Hook, Lynnderella Sweet Dreams, Dollish Polish Expecto Patronum, Bad Ass Polish Blig!, Candy Lacquer Sugar Skulls, butterLONDON Teddy Girl, Essie Butler Please and butterLONDON Cheeky Chops! PHEW.
Favorite Nail Accessories:
- LUSH Lemony Butter Cuticle Butter - Thank God for this cuticle butter. I don't know what I would do without it! Cuticles actin' a fool? This is the answer! I use this overnight and wake up with smooth cuticles! While it may be expensive for such a small tub, I swear, a little goes a long way!
- Blue Cross Cuticle Remover - This plus the Lemony Butter make for amazing nails!
What were your 2012 Favorites? I had such a hard time putting this post together. I had so many favorites (especially make up and nail polish)!
Tags: yearly favorites: 2012
Hi lovebugs! Tonight I have something a little different from my norm. Something I absolutely love and can't wait to bring more of to my blog: beauty posts! Woohoo! So let's hop right into this, shall we?
Maybelline boasts that their Color Whispers are "pure color pigments suspended in a weightless gel. No heavy waxes or oils. Soft, sexy gel-color." As a huge Maybelline fan, I was pretty excited to hear they were coming out with their own version of a "lip butter". Unfortunately, I've never tried Revlon's Colorburst Lip Butters nor L'Oreal's Colour Riche Lip Balms so I really can't compare. With 20 shades from nude to deep plum and everything in between, there's something for everyone.
Straight off the bat, I love the packaging. Super trendy and eye-catching. Only drawback is, the packaging is tinted so you can't really tell what the true color is unless you open it or search for it online.
Application was very slick, smooth and moisturizing but settled into the lines of my lips and is very sheer.
Go Nude Natural lips
Much MUCH better! No issues here! Pin Up Peach is super moisturizing and smooth to put on. The color is not super sheer like Go Nude but rather gives a peachy pink tint to whatever your natural lip color is. I really love this color with my skin tone but I feel like it may look different according to your own natural lip color.
Pin Up Peach Natural lips
Berry Ready is a fun fuschia berry.
Squee! My ultimate favorite of the bunch! Super opaque and just absolutely yummy! Super smooth and slick to put on. This left a nice stain on my lips once is faded. This is a bit darker in person.
Berry Ready Natural lips
Petal Rebel is a bright soft pink (does that make sense?).
Total different color than what I thought it'd be! Again, super moisturizing and slick. I love the glossy look it has. This was light, but unlike Go Nude, was surprisingly not sheer. On me, this almost gave off that whole light pink Mod look. A little shocked but I loved it!
Petal Rebel Natural lips
Overall: I'm pretty happy I bought these but now I want to try the lip butters from other companies for comparison. I noticed the lighter shades are more sheer (but somewhat build-able) than the darker ones. I noticed that like most lipsticks, they faded pretty quickly although Berry Ready did give me a nice little stain once it wore off. All four of these did not disappoint in the moisture and slickness departments. I'll definitely be purchasing more!
Where to buy: Walmart, Target, local drugstores, etc. Price: $5.99 - $9.99