Hi babes! No Mascara Monday yesterday again today because, well, I'm exhausted. Our baby shower was Sunday and between the late nights spent helping put up decorations and running around yesterday, my body's like, "That's enough, Noelle. You can chill now."
So I'm chillin' and doing my nails. My nails took such a beating yesterday between crafting, decorating and opening presents (woe is my life, huh?). That's where NCLA's Summer of Love nail wraps come into play!
Summer of Love is inspired by free flowing dresses, colorful flowers and fresh spring air. I'm totally getting a fun, boho vibe from these. I love that each pattern is different ranging from chevron to more complex designs in turquoises, oranges and blues. The collection comes with 26 ultra-thin nail adhesives and a sweet NCLA nail file. Like I said in my last review, I absolutely love the range of sizes in the nail wraps. I have smaller nail beds that can sometimes be a pain to find a nail wrap match with but I never had an issue with these.
How to apply NCLA nail wraps:
- Start off with fresh, clean nails and than apply a coat of basecoat (I used NCLA Gloss It!) and let it dry.
- Find the size that best fits your nail and peel from the sheet by the flap.
- Apply the most round part to your cuticle and stretch down until it fits perfectly. I know some are afraid to stretch it because they think it might break, but I promise you it won't. This is the most crucial part to get a nice, flat, flawless nail.
- Once you've fit it to your nail, firmly flatten it down starting from the cuticle and pressing your way down to the tip.
- Use the nail file in a downward motion to remove any excess wrap left over. Apply another coat of Gloss It! and you're all set! I really like using a coat for Gloss It! over it because it softens the nail wrap (as well as adds a shine to it) so you can go in one last time and press down anything you missed or smooth out any mistakes.
I'm lovin' that each nail is a different pattern!
Overall: Me thinks it's safe to say that NCLA nail wraps are awesome! Another mani with absolutely no issues. Specifically with Summer of Love, I'm dying over the gorgeous pattern. It automatically gives my nails a super polished look like I spent all day doing them. Again, I find the key with these is to stretch them to fit over your nail for a tight, wrinkle-free look. They're super tough and I've yet to tear one while doing this. I highly recommend this pattern if you're looking for a fun, boho, summer festival vibe!
NCLA Summer of Love | Availability: Limited Edition - Buy | Price: $16
* Press sample