This post is compensated byCollective Bias but all opinions/tutorial is my own.
#ad #BioreStripDown #cbias
If there's one thing I've learned as I've gotten older, it's to take care of my skin. There was once a time with days where I could go without even washing my face and still wake up pimple-free and ready to take on the day. Those were also the same days I could go to the bathroom by myself. Needless to say, having a baby has changed things. Including my face.
A few weeks ago, I was at Target (AKA my home away from home) and came across Bioré®'s new Natural Charcoal line while perusing the skincare aisles. Charcoal is the "it" medium in skincare right now. The line includes the Bioré® Deep Cleansing Charcoal Pore Strips, the Bioré® Deep Pore Charcoal Cleanser and the Bioré® Self Heating One Minute Mask - each containing Natural Charcoal that draws out and traps deep impurities. I am all over that! I ended up giving the Bioré® Deep Pore Charcoal Cleanser and Bioré® Deep Cleansing Charcoal Pore Strips a try and after a few days of use, added them into my nightly skincare routine.
Every night, once the little babe is asleep or my fiance is holding down the fort, I sneak into the bathroom for about 15 minutes of a little relaxation. Unfortunately, I can't say it's uninterrupted because I'd be lying if I said it wasn't but hey, I'll take what I can get.
1. First, I take off any makeup I have on with a gentle makeup remover and some cotton balls and rinse my face.
2. Next I apply the Bioré® Deep Pore Charcoal Cleanser. This cleanser won an award for "Best Face Wash" by People Magazine in 2014! After I wet my face, I apply the cleanser with my hands and create a light foam with it. This cleanser has such a cool, tingly feeling when it's on your face and smells so amazing. It's infused with a Japanese Skin Purifying Technology that leaves your skin smooth every, single time. I have yet to be disappointed by this baby! This cleanser really deep cleans. I usually apply this in circular motions and then rinse and pat my face dry but leave my nose damp for the pore strip.
3. Next is the Bioré® Deep Cleansing Charcoal Pore Strip. Your nose (or wherever you decide to put it) needs to be wet or it will not adhere. I place it on the bridge of my nose and leave it on for 10 minutes. The strip is of natural charcoal that draws out all the dirt and gunk that causes blackheads. Kind of like a magnet! It also promises to keep oil at bay for at least 24 hours. During that time, I brush my teeth and yell at the dogs to stop scratching at the door and give me a few more minutes.
4. You should keep it on for about 10-15 minutes. It'll feel stiff once it's ready to be pulled off. Once the time is up, I peel it off and stare at all of the gunk the strip just pulled out. Staring takes at least three minutes of my time.
5. Lastly, I apply my favorite moisturizer and hit the hay. Kidding. I'm a mom!
Depending on how my nose looks, I'll skip a day with the Bioré® Deep Cleansing Charcoal Pore Strips and just use them every other day. I've been really impressed with how these two products work amazing together and highly recommend using them. What is your night time skincare routine look like?
Want more beauty tips? Check them out at Target here! Make sure to visit your local Target and check out the Bioré® Natural Charcoal collection!