It's Friday, y'all! Anyone else feel me when I say that that means absolutely nothing to me now that I have a toddler? Whomp, whomp, whomp. I can at least pretend I had a crazy night out when I wear one of these lipsticks. They're the new limited edition ColourPop Ultra Matte Liquid Lipsticks from their Fall '15 collection and I mean, sa-woon, right?! How gorgeous are these colors?
- Instigator - a mid-tone peachy pink. Instigator reminds me of Lime Crime Babette but like, a thousand times better. Babette ended up pulling extremely orange on me and it looked horrible. Instigator, on the other hand, does have a slightly peach undertone but actually looks flattering on pale skin. The formula on this is way different than the first liquid lipsticks I tried from ColourPop. This one is slightly thick and goes on so, so creamy. What a dream!
- Chilly Chili - a muted plummy brown. Oh Chilly Chili, you are ah-maze-ing! If you could only buy one lipstick from this collection, it's this one. Hands down. The color is to die-for and the formula is out of this world and similar to Instigator. Super creamy, pigmented and applies like a dream.
- Bad Habit - a dusty mauve pink. I sound like a broken record because again, this was fabulous to work with. Pigmentation was on point, creamy but not too thick and easy to apply.
- More Better - a deep violet wine. Unfortunately, the record stops here. More Better was odd to apply. The consistency was too thick and almost dry. I wonder if maybe I got a bad batch? Love the color but pretty disappointed in this shade.
- First Class - a vivid orange red. Then we go from one extreme to the other. First Class was very liquidy and applied super patchy. Again, I loved the color but it's a bummer about the consistency.
Overall: I love Instigator, Chilly Chili and More Better. I love the new formula on these three. Unfortunately, I think More Better and First Class fell short. First Class reminded me of the old formula and More Better just seemed like a bad batch. Three out of five ain't bad, right?
ColourPop | Shop ($6)