Happy Monday, y'all! I hope everyone had a great Super Bowl weekend. Today I'm sharing with you this super gorgeous but a little out of the box Valentine's Day look. It's not your typical smokey eye look and I'm so excited over it, guys.
I know, I know. Normal Valentine's Day looks usually consist of bright red lips and smokey eyes (which I love!) but I decided to switch things up and give you something a little bit different: two blue cat eye looks that you can create with just one eyeshadow and black eyeliner.
Are you ready for the best part? All Maybelline products used in this look can be found at your local Walmart! Aww, yeah!
Onto the tutorial...
- So I've already gone ahead and put on my foundation and contour. If you guys are interested in seeing that routine, I've laid it all out tutorial-style here.
- Next we're going to prime our lids. This keeps the eyeshadows from moving around and gives us a nice neutral base to work with.
- Taking the second shadow on the bottom from the Maybelline Rock Nudes Palette and a fluffy brush, I'm going to place that into my crease in a windshield wiper movement.
- Next I'm taking a shader brush and spraying it with some setting spray before taking the fifth shadow (that gorgeous blue!) from the top of the same palette and patting it onto my lid. After that, I'm taking the same shadow and with setting spray on an angled brush, taking it and winging it out. It should all be connected together.
- For an inner corner highlight, I'm using the light shimmer shade on the bottom from that same palette.
- For eyeliner, I'm using the Maybelline Eye Studio Master Precise Ink Eyeliner and created a thin line above my eye.
- OPTIONAL: If you're looking to add more depth to your cat eye, you can outline the outer part with the eyeliner and then take the black eyeshadow to blend it into your lid.
- Next, we're going to coat our top and bottom lashes with mascara. I'm using the Maybelline Falsies Push Up Drama Mascara! You can either leave your look here or apply falsies like I have. Putting mascara on first helps blend the falsies with your lashes together!
- Lastly, finish the look with a nice pink lipstick. I chose Maybelline Color Sensational Lust for Blush (such a gorgeous pink!).
Whether it's your significant other, a pint of ice cream or drinks with the girls - go get 'em, tiger!
You can only choose one: chocolates, makeup or diamonds?