Hey guys! I'm so excited to be bringing you a full review of the Carol's Daughter Black Vanilla Hair Line today.
The Black Vanilla line works so well with my hair type. My hair is like an angsty teenager and constantly going through something, especially when the seasons change but lately it's been feeling super dry and brittle. Throw in being pregnant and the hair changes with that and I can totally sympathize with Britney Spears circa 2007!
The Black Vanilla is specifically for moisture and shine which caters towards dry, dull and brittle hair but they have so, so many different types of lines for all different types of hair. It's pretty impressive to see a line (in a drugstore, nonetheless!) that caters to almost every type and won't break the bank at the same time.
- Black Vanilla Sulfate-Free Shampoo - Sulfate-free and color-safe, this shampoo has a slew of wholesome ingredients like Aloe Leaf, Calendula Flower, Wild Rose, Soy, Lavender, Sweet Clover, Sage, Nettle and Rosemary to keep your hair cleansed and restore the natural moisture in your hair that you may lose from natural elements, hot tools, etc. I really love how this shampoo lathered up, even after days of dry shampoo. Sometimes other shampoos can't pull that dry shampoo out, it leaves my hair with no suds and greasier than it was before. This shampoo left my hair soft, manageable and hydrated.
- Black Vanilla Hydrating Conditioner - I love a good shampoo/conditioner duo! I actually use the conditioner before shampooing (try this method - it's life changing!) and have had amazing results. This conditioner contains a blend of Pro-vitamin B5 and Biotin to strengthen and soften while wet. I did notice with this conditioner that when my hair was dry, it seemed to have an effect on my hair and emphasized my natural waves and made them more defined and less frizzy!
- Black Vanilla Leave-In Conditioner - It's very rare I use a leave-in conditioner because my hair is on the thinner side and anything "leave-in" usually weighs it down and makes it look greasy. I've noticed if I use this on wet hair and then leave it to dry has better results on my hair and still lets it be full and bouncy and not weigh it down. This leave-in conditioner contains Wheat Protein and Pro-vitamin B5 to restore natural moisture and help keep your hair strong while detangling. This also contains absolutely no synthetic silicones but rather natural moisturizers to not weigh your hair down.
- Black Vanilla Hair Sheen - Ahh, this hair sheen is amazing! It contains a mix of Almond Oil, Shea Butter and Jojoba Oil to condition and strengthen your hair. I love using this for a slick ponytail, to add shine to some curls and heck, I've even used this as a moisturizing body oil on-the-go.
- Black Vanilla Hair Smoothie - Two hands up in the air for a hydrating hair smoothie! This smoothie has Shea Butter, Cocoa, Pro-vitamin B5 and more to balance the natural moisture in your hair. I like to leave this one for about ten minutes (depending on if my hair needs extra help or not) and then wash out for insanely soft hair. It's like Heaven!
Have you tried Carol's Daughter's line? What do you look for in hair care?
Shop | Carol's Daughter + Also available at your local Rite Aid.
* Sponsored by Rite Aid / Carol's Daughter at part of the Rite Aid Network. All opinions are my own!