Hey everyone! April's Sephora Play! Box is on the blog today. I think Sephora is rollin' these out a little bit more often now. I know that recently (maybe last week?) they opened the wait list so that you could jump the list and subscribe right then and there. But if you're still on the fence on subscribing, I hope this review will help you out.
For those who don't know what the Sephora Play! Box is - it's Sephora's take on a monthly subscription box for $10 a month. The box has (in the past) been filled with usually one full size product and three to four samples.
This month's theme is: The It Crowd - Pull off this season's latest trends with this cool collection of it-girl items and innovative formulas. From an invigorating new eye cream to a fashion industry favorite, this month is all about revitalizing your routine with the hottest things in beauty.
What's in the box?
- MILK Makeup Sunshine Oil ($38) - I have been dying to try this brand out so I was so excited to see this in the box. The Sunshine Oil is an oil that can be used all-over! It's enriched with a whole bunch of oils including grapeseed, avocado, grapefruit peel, tangerine peel, mandarin and lemon peel. Can you tell this smells ah-mazing!? I've found myself really lovin' oils lately. My skin seems to take to oils way better than any moisturizer lately.
- Sunday Riley Good Genes All-In-One Lactic Acid Treatment ($105) - Sweet Baby Rays BBQ Sauce - $105 for a full size!? I have yet to try this but I'm intrigued by the price alone. This purified grade lactic acids boasts that it instantly corrects dullness, plumps up any fine lines and exfoliates skin. Um, yes please!
- Clinique Pep-Start Eye Cream ($26.50) - I have a confession: It's been awhile since I've last used an eye cream so this was another product I was pretty stoked to see! I'm a huge fan of Clinique's too so hey, it's a win/win. This cream claims to brighten and hydrate under your eye so I can't wait to try this baby out!
- NARS Satin Lip Pencil in Rikugien ($26) - How can you not get excited when you see NARS in your box!? I've never tried that satins before but I'm a big fan of their matte lip pencils. The shade Rikugien is a smooth rose pink that's basically my lip color but better. So gorgeous!
- Sephora Collection Colourful Cheek Ink Blush Gel in Peony ($14) - I've never used a gel blush before (stain, yes, but sheer gel? Interesting!). It's super sheer at first swipe but easily buildable to a more flushed look. The shade Peony is just your run of the mill gorgeous pink blush that works really well on every skintone.
- Derek Lam 10 Crosby 2AM Kiss ($95) - Hmm. The scent is described as a "passionate kiss with notes of salty caramel and crystallized amber" which sounds freakin' delicious but it kind of just fell short for me. It's almost too musky for me although I have tried it as a light scent (ie: NOT spraying it into the air and walking into the perfume cloud) and it was okay. I'm on the fence. Hahaha.
What do you think of this month's box?