Hi guys! It's officially two days past my due date and still super pregnant over here! Honestly, it feels like nothing is going to happen any time soon. So frustrating so I'm distracting myself by going through my drafts and finishing up loose ends to get some reviews and posts out!
Anywho, can I just say I love summer-themed subscription boxes? They're the best ones. Actually, those and the fall ones, for sure. This month's GLOSSYBOX theme is Sun Kissed with a curated box that compliments all of our weekend getaways (wait - is a getaway in the box too? I kid, I kid!). Make sure to read until the end to learn more about how to enter GLOSSYBOX's sunset selfie contest!
What's in the box?
- Wella Professionals Oil Reflections Smoothing Oil ($20) - While I've never heard of Wella Professionals, this light-reflecting oil hair sprays must be all the rage right now because I think this is the second or third one I've received in a box! I love the idea behind them - that they make your hair seem brighter and glistening-y and appreciate that it's lightweight enough for thin hair. This one contains macadamia seed oil, avocado oil and vitamin e to keep your hair soft.
- De Bruyere After Sun Lotion Monoi ($12) - Everyone needs something like this in their life! It's a calming, nourishing and protecting milky lotion that helps hydrate your skin after a day in the sun. Did you know that Monoi is Tiare flower petals that have been soaked in coconut oil? I had no clue!
- Too Faced Mascara Melt Off Cleansing Oil Waterproof Mascara Dissolver ($17) - Probably the most intriguing product in the box! Basically, it's a cleansing oil for waterproof and regular mascara, conveniently in a mascara tube to be used like you're applying your mascara. It contains both rice lipids and green tea extract for a gentle removal. Apply like you're applying mascara and then wait about a minute (maybe a teeny bit longer if it's a waterproof mascara). Then wipe away for mascara-free lashes! I actually really like this and will probably by a full-size when I run out!
- Invisibobble Traceless Hair Ring ($8) - I have yet to try this thing out because it kind of freaks me out. Like, HOW does this not get tangled in your hair? Somehow it doesn't, ladies and gents. One day, I promise, I'll try it out and get back to you.
- Trifle Cosmetics Lip Parfait Buttery Lip Cream ($19) - I don't even want to use this; that's how cute this is! The packaging is A+! The lipstick is a great shade of dusty mauve-y pink but doesn't have the color payoff I like. So if you're in a more sheer look, this is perfect for you!
- Borghese Active Body Mud ($37) - Borghese is a brand I'm already familiar with but I've never tried their body mud before. It's enriched with Acqua di Vita Complex (a formula mixed with Tuscany water - ooooh la la!) to polish your bod and make it feel nice and soft.
So what do you think of this month's GLOSSYBOX? I can honestly say I've yet to be disappointed by them. Almost every box has something I've wanted to always try or something super fun in it. My faves from this box are the De Bruyere After Sun Lotion Monoi and the Too Faced Cleansing Oil Mascara Dissolver. Which ones are your faves?
PS. For a chance to win a year long subscription, send GLOSSYBOX a photo of your fave sunset spot with a GLOSSYBOX using the tags #GLOSSYSunkiss and #GLOSSYBOX!