Helllllllllllllllo everyone! I swear, I meant to have this review out before the end of July but #fail. Fail so hard. I actually just found out my subscription to this was cancelled for next month because my credit card expired and I never put the new number in. I'm seriously on a roll, guys. So unfortunately, this will be my last review of the Play! by Sephora box as who knows how long it'll take to get back through the waitlist.
July's theme was Effortless - "Calling all warm weather essentials and sunny standouts: this month we're taking on the long days and haute nights with a sultry selection that will keep you chic all summer long."
What's in the box?
- Blotterazzi by BeautyBlender ($20) - I'm a huge fan of the original BeautyBlender (who isn't?) so this was really cool to see in the bag. I've read that this is supposed to blot without disturbing your makeup underneath. Unfortunately, I'm not really an oily person so I'm not sure how much usage I'll get out of it but hey, it's summer time, so there's always sweat!
- Ouai Wave Spray ($26) - I've heard great things about Ouai before - especially this spray - so I was excited to see this as well. It's a super lightweight texturizing spray scented with the Ouai No. 2 fragrance of Italian lemon, amber and white musk. It's also infused with rice protein which is super moisturizing!
- Nest Fragrances Citrine ($25-$68) - I love that there's always a new fragrance every month because that's pretty much how often I change mine lately. This scent is so on-trend for summer as it has notes of fresh lotus flower and freesia with citrus and precious woods (what is that?).
- Smashbox Photo Finish Pore Minimizing Primer ($16-$39) - This is such a cult-classic primer in the beauty blogger world. This silicone-based primer mattifies your skin, minimizes the sizes of your pores and keeps your makeup looking fresh for up to 8 hours.
- First Aid Beauty Skin Rescue Deep Cleanser with Red Clay ($24) - I have quite a few FAB products already but not this one. It's a foaming gel cleanser that uses botanicals and red clay to cleanse your skin. I love clay cleansers and will probably buy this in full size!
- Benefit Dew The Hoola Soft Matte Liquid Bronzer ($27) - Not quite sure why I had this in my bag as it doesn't show on the site that it's supposed to be but I'm assuming maybe it was a Too Faced Soleil Chocolate Bronzer substitution? Who knows. I already tried this and wasn't too thrilled with the results. This goes on very sheer, and granted I'm as pale as they come, and it just didn't seem to bronze my face the way it should. It gave a very, very light wash of a bronzer. Maybe this is meant for people more pale than I?
What are your thoughts on the Play! by Sephora box?