Guys. I don't want to alarm you but the holidays are literally right around the corner! And it's safe to say we all know what that means. It's time to break out that glittery eyeshadow and wing that liner to the high heavens because 'tis the season to glitter and shine like a disco ball, am I right? I'm pretty sure there's a quote about that in the Charlie Brown Christmas Special somewhere.
Today, I'll be showing you a Silver Bells-inspired look you can easily rock for your next holiday party featuring the Neutrogena® MoistureSmooth Color Sticks and the Neutrogena® Makeup Removing Cleansing Towelettes. The MoistureSmooth Color Sticks come in 16 different colors in ranging finishes from opaque to shimmer. They're super hydrating and even continue moisturizing your lips so they're softer and smoother in three days without anything on. The Makeup Removing Cleansing Towelettes are my absolute favorite makeup removing wipe and I always have a few on hand. They're great for removing makeup whether they're being used for a quick touch-up near a delicate area like the eyes or just removing a face full of makeup.
The best part? You can snag these babies along with your Christmas tree, decorations AND presents for everyone - all at your local Walmart! Let's all just take a moment to take in the beautiful, newly re-done beauty aisles at my Walmart, guys. I'm in love!
- I've already gone ahead and moisturized as well as done my brows. Apparently, I've enlisted the help of two little friends on my face for this tutorial. Oh, hey guys. Nice of you to join in! #postbirthhormones, y'all.
- Before applying any eyeshadow, I like to start with a neutral cream base all over the lid. This cancels out any veins, dark spots, etc. and basically leaves you with a clean slate. Once that is set, I went in with a light grey with purple undertones shadow in the crease and took it slightly above the crease and blended it out.
- Once that shadow is blended it out. I went in with a darker grey shadow and took that in the crease and outer v of the eyelid and blended that into the lighter grey shadow.
- Now for the fun part! Nothing says holiday like a good silver shadow! I took my most metallic silver shadow and applied it all over the lid with my finger. I find applying glitters and metallics with my finger seems to work best with minimum fall out and keeps the application nice and even.
- In the case that there is fall out, I love using the Neutrogena Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes to clean up. They're gentle enough to be used around the eye area without irritating them and removing even the hardest glitter pieces.
- For the bottom lids, I took the same dark grey shadow and applied that right on the waterline and blended out for a nice, smoked out look.
- I applied a nice, soft champagne highlight in the inner corners to make my eyes look more awake. I also popped this onto my brow bones.
- Next up, eyeliner! I decided to wing this out a little for a more dramatic effect with a liquid eyeliner pen.
- Again, if you mess up or need to start over, the Neutrogena Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes to the rescue! For a more precise clean up, especially with liner, I wrap the towelette around my finger and kind of use my nail underneath to wipe away the problem without smudging everything. The towelettes remove even the toughest waterproof eyeliner!
- Next, I apply my favorite mascara to prep my lashes for falsies.
- After that, I dampened a beauty sponge and started to apply my foundation in a smooth, stippling motion. I, personally, like this technique as it keeps the foundation lightweight on my skin without giving a cake-y appearance.
- With the opposite end of the beauty sponge, I take the point and apply my concealer. The point allows you to apply and blend the concealer in hard-to-reach-spots like near your eyes and around your nose.
- Once the concealer is applied, I liked to "lightly bake" my concealer. I don't really go crazy with this part but I do like using this technique to set my concealer and help blend my contour. I apply the setting powder under my eyes and under my cheekbones with the same damp beauty sponge.
- Taking a nice fluffy brush, I bronzed my forehead, cheeks and under my neck. Basically, anywhere the sun hits your face. Next, I applied a rose-colored cream blush to the apples of my cheek.
- Lastly, I applied a bright highlighter to my cheekbones, brow bone, down the bridge of my nose and on the cupid's bow.
- Almost done! No holiday is complete without some lashes! I applied a bold but still wispy pair of falsies for this look. I always have a tough time with falsies so I leave them until the end where I can muster up enough confidence to put them on!
- To finish this look, I applied the Neutrogena MoistureSmooth ColorStick in Pink Nude onto my lips. This color is so gorgeous! Pink Nude is a subtle nude-y pink with a satin finish. It's incredibly moisturizing which is great with the upcoming dry winter. You can rock this at a holiday party or at a snowball fight and know that your lips will be protected and hydrated all the while looking fabulous!
How do you keep moisturized in the winter?
Shop | Available at your local Walmart.