|| This post is sponsored by PRIMP/Paula's Choice for their #Give10Get10 Referral Program.
Skincare, in general, can be a tough (and expensive) sea to navigate. About a year ago, I was having the hardest time even figuring out what my skin issues were and getting fed up with it. I had pretty normal skin, but my eyebrows and nose area were SO FREAKIN' DRY - almost to the point of cracking at some times and I had no clue how to remedy it. Cue: Paula's Choice!
I ended up absolutely loving The Skin Recovery Line that was recommended to me (via a Paula's Choice skin consultant that anyone can call to help them with any skin issues) as you can see in my post from last year. They were so well-loved, I ended up even doing an empties post on them a few months later. But let's be real; in a year, life goes on and things change. Is it still love?
- Skin Recovery Softening Cream Cleanser - What's better than a cleanser that cleans AND hydrates your skin? Absolutely nothing. This cleanser has a creamy, milky texture that glides onto your skin and removes dirt, makeup and just any other grime on your face. It even takes off my Kat Von D Autograph Liquid Liner (so you know it means business!).
- RESIST Moisture Renewal Oil Booster - If you're suffering from dry skin and looking for the quickest fix, I highly recommend this little guy. You can use it by itself or mix it into your favorite moisturizer or serum for an extra boost. It's packed with nine non-fragrant plant oils to hydrate your skin along with lipid acids and fatty acids for fixing your skin.
- Skin Perfecting 8% AHA Gel Exfoliant - This baby is for all skin types! It's a leave-on exfoliant that diminishes wrinkles, evens out any uneven skin tones, hydrates and promotes a firmer, smoother skin. I absolutely love applying this before bed.
- Skin Recovery Hydrating Treatment Mask - Another, night time routine: this mask! Can you guys tell I'm all about getting into a relax-mode before bed? Pop this on your face, let it sink in and wash it off after about fifteen minutes or leave it on all night. I also read that it can be used as a moisturizer but I have yet to try it as just that.
Sharing is caring and naturally, I've shared my skincare routine with my mom. She, too, has dry patches that come and go with the seasons (I'm sensing this is hereditary - thanks, mom!) and turned her on to The Skin Recovery Line as well. Her dry skin is more touch-and-go and will just pop up randomly. When she feels a dry patch coming, she dabs the RESIST Moisture Renewal Oil Booster onto the dry patch and overnight, it practically disappears.
And now, I'm sharing with you! Whether it's one of my faves or something more your style, I'm about to hook you up! By clicking on this link, you'll get $10 off your first order (of $15 or more). On top of that, don't forget to to use the code PRIMPSPRING for 20% off that same order! #treatyoself, am I right?
As part of the Give $10, Get $10 Referral Program, you can get your own special link to refer your friends with and will receive $10 back in Paula's Choice credits for every purchase (of $15 or more) that they make using your link. Pretty sweet deal, right?
What are your Paula Choice faves? What's on your have-to-have list?
|| This post is sponsored by PRIMP/Paula's Choice for their #Give10Get10 Referral Program.
Hey guys! I'm so excited to be bringing you a full review of the Carol's Daughter Black Vanilla Hair Line today.
The Black Vanilla line works so well with my hair type. My hair is like an angsty teenager and constantly going through something, especially when the seasons change but lately it's been feeling super dry and brittle. Throw in being pregnant and the hair changes with that and I can totally sympathize with Britney Spears circa 2007!
The Black Vanilla is specifically for moisture and shine which caters towards dry, dull and brittle hair but they have so, so many different types of lines for all different types of hair. It's pretty impressive to see a line (in a drugstore, nonetheless!) that caters to almost every type and won't break the bank at the same time.
- Black Vanilla Sulfate-Free Shampoo - Sulfate-free and color-safe, this shampoo has a slew of wholesome ingredients like Aloe Leaf, Calendula Flower, Wild Rose, Soy, Lavender, Sweet Clover, Sage, Nettle and Rosemary to keep your hair cleansed and restore the natural moisture in your hair that you may lose from natural elements, hot tools, etc. I really love how this shampoo lathered up, even after days of dry shampoo. Sometimes other shampoos can't pull that dry shampoo out, it leaves my hair with no suds and greasier than it was before. This shampoo left my hair soft, manageable and hydrated.
- Black Vanilla Hydrating Conditioner - I love a good shampoo/conditioner duo! I actually use the conditioner before shampooing (try this method - it's life changing!) and have had amazing results. This conditioner contains a blend of Pro-vitamin B5 and Biotin to strengthen and soften while wet. I did notice with this conditioner that when my hair was dry, it seemed to have an effect on my hair and emphasized my natural waves and made them more defined and less frizzy!
- Black Vanilla Leave-In Conditioner - It's very rare I use a leave-in conditioner because my hair is on the thinner side and anything "leave-in" usually weighs it down and makes it look greasy. I've noticed if I use this on wet hair and then leave it to dry has better results on my hair and still lets it be full and bouncy and not weigh it down. This leave-in conditioner contains Wheat Protein and Pro-vitamin B5 to restore natural moisture and help keep your hair strong while detangling. This also contains absolutely no synthetic silicones but rather natural moisturizers to not weigh your hair down.
- Black Vanilla Hair Sheen - Ahh, this hair sheen is amazing! It contains a mix of Almond Oil, Shea Butter and Jojoba Oil to condition and strengthen your hair. I love using this for a slick ponytail, to add shine to some curls and heck, I've even used this as a moisturizing body oil on-the-go.
- Black Vanilla Hair Smoothie - Two hands up in the air for a hydrating hair smoothie! This smoothie has Shea Butter, Cocoa, Pro-vitamin B5 and more to balance the natural moisture in your hair. I like to leave this one for about ten minutes (depending on if my hair needs extra help or not) and then wash out for insanely soft hair. It's like Heaven!
Have you tried Carol's Daughter's line? What do you look for in hair care?
Shop | Carol's Daughter + Also available at your local Rite Aid.
* Sponsored by Rite Aid / Carol's Daughter at part of the Rite Aid Network. All opinions are my own!
Awwww yeah. Look what came in a few days ago! So, during the BECCA x Jaclyn Hill event in NYC last week celebrating the new Champagne Collection (the full collection launches May 26 on Sephora.com/in stores June 16th), they announced that this palette was going live on the Sephora app right then and there - and everyone lost their damn minds. Including me.
The full collection contains the Shimmering Skin Perfector Poured Creme in Champagne Pop, The Shimmering Skin Perfector Liquid in Champagne Pop, The Champagne Collection Face Palette and a Champagne Collection Eye Palette (SO excited for this one!).
Let's get into that packaging first! How luxe, am I right? The palette is a somewhat heavy (or rather heavier than I expected it to be!) and super sturdy. The front is Jaclyn's logo on a very luxurious white and gold background. I'm lovin' it. If you flip it over, the back is all gold with the names of the products (YES YES YES!) on it. When opened, the top half is a beautiful full mirror and the bottom holds the highlighters and blushes.
The palette includes two highlighter shades (including the infamous Champagne Pop!) and a new highlighter created by Jaclyn, two mineral blush shades and a luminous blush shade. All five are perfect for every skin tone and contain no parabens, sulfates and phthalates.
- Rose Spritz (luminous blush) - is a soft peachy pink with a pale gold shimmer. I've never tried BECCA's luminous blushes and I'm SO happy that I got a chance to try it from this palette. The consistency is so buttery soft and applies so nicely and smoothly. It is pigmented so make sure to tap lightly into it if you're going for a more natural look.
- Amaretto (mineral blush) - is a matte toasted almond. At first I thought Almond was a matte bronzer but it does pull slightly pink-y on the skin so it's works as a gorgeous blush as well. Totally up to you how you use it. I'm going to sound like a broken record but again, super pigmented and silky soft.
- Pamplemousse (mineral blush) - a matte warm coral pink. Pamplemousse (how fun of a word is that?) is the perfect pink for Spring/Summer (or really any season, for that matter) and on any skin tone. I'm obsessed! Like Rose Spritz, it's incredibly pigmented so if you're going for a lighter flushed look, use lightly!
- Champagne Pop (shimmering skin protector) - a soft white gold with with pinky peach undertones. It wouldn't be the ultimate face palette if Champagne Pop wasn't in it! My Champagne Pop broke a long time ago (like, completely shattered!) so I was relieved to see a full-size sitting inside the palette. If you don't know about this highlighter, it's super pigmented and flattering for everyone.
- Prosecco Pop (shimmering skin protector) - a medium warm gold. Oh hey, Prosecco Pop! A little trivia for you: Prosecco Pop was inspired by liquid gold. And I'm all for bathing myself in a liquid gold version of a highlighter. Raise your hand if you're with me! It doesn't pull incredibly gold on the face which was worrisome for my pale skin but it was actually pretty flattering and looks gorgeous layered over Pamplemousse!
(L-R: Champagne Pop, Prosecco Pop, Rose Spritz, Amaretto, Pamplemousse)
Overall: I don't even have the whole collection and I'm pretty sure this Face Palette is going to be the hot item! It contains five incredibly pigmented and stunning shades for all skin tones!
Shop | Available May 26th (tomorrow!) on Sephora.com / in-stores July 16th - $52
Usually, I tuck these looks in the product review posts but I felt like this kind of deserves its own post. I completely understand the Makeup Geek hype and especially why the MannyMUA x MUG Palette is constantly sold out after putting this look together. Also, let's talk about ColourPop Ultra Matte in Cheap Thrills, am I right? SA-WOON!
- Face: Smashbox Primer Oil, tarte Rainforest of the Sea Water Foundation in Light Neutral (I could probably go down a shade), It Cosmetics CC+ Concealer in Light mixed with the foundation. Urban Decay Beached Bronzer in Bronzed + Urban Decay Afterflow Highlighter in Sin.
- Eyes: MannyMUA x Makeup Geek Palette - Beaches & Cream in the crease, Aphrodite on the inner and outer lid and Luna in the middle. Artemis in the inner corner and Aphrodite on the lower lid. tarte Tarteist Lash Paint Mascara.
- Lips: ColourPop Ultra Matte in Cheap Thrills
It's here! It's here! When Violet Voss first teased this baby a few months ago, I knew I had to have it. It's the Violet Voss Drenched Metal Palette - and you can pre-order here! I'm not sure if the code will work this time around but definitely try it out anyway - DM10 for $10 off.
I was going to review these individually but to be honest, there were only a few that stood out as troublemakers while the rest were pretty pigmented, long-lasting and for the most part, played nice. The two mattes (Secret and Midnight Tryst) were both a little on the dry side. Pigmented, but dry. I was reading about how someone had issues with their shadows being crumbly and while I wouldn't say crumbly per say, I would definitely say to watch out for fall out but I feel like that's natural with shimmers. It's just something that's going to happen. My favorite shades from this palette are Mermaid Vixen, Grunge, Slaycation and Huntress.
The Drenched Metals Palette is a limited edition palette for summer with 20 different shades of summer-y washes. Each one is 1.8 grams, cruelty-free and come in what seems like two finishes: matte and foils.
The palette itself is just like the Holy Grail palette - a sturdy cardboard-type of palette that flips open to a nice, large mirror on the top. The top also flips all the way back so it could show just the shades. You guys have no idea how much that excites me!
- Poppin - a shimmery pale champagne.
- Kisses - a pale peach shimmer.
- Confession - a pink-y peach with slight duochrome.
- Crushed It - a metallic rose gold.
- Secret - a cool-toned matte beige.
- I'm So Fancy - a bright shimmery turquoise.
- Mermaid Vixen - a metallic turquoise with duochrome.
- Grunge - a cool-toned metallic taupe.
- Minx - a metallic medium brown.
- Squad Goals - a shimmery light gold.
- Frisky - a cobalt blue shimmer.
- Dark Desires - a purple shimmer.
- Slaycation - a brown with a green duochrome.
- Come Thru - a light, cream shimmer.
- Livin - a metallic copper.
- Shade - a silver with lavender duochrome.
- Bliss - a light antique gold metallic.
- Huntress - a reddish-toned bronze.
- Forbidden - a burnt brick berry metallic.
- Midnight Tryst - a matte black.
Crease: Secret, Inner Corner: Come Thru, Middle: Slaycation, Outer: Mermaid Vixen + Frisky
Shop | Buy ($52)
* Use the code DM10 for $10 off
I love when I get to check out products I might not normally find myself grabbing in store but end up absolutely loving when given the chance to try out. The fact that the products help those in need? Even sweeter!
I'm talking about Soapbox Soaps - a company looking to give back. Besides having amazing vegan, non-GMO, and cruelty-free ingredients in their killer body washes, bar soaps, shampoos and more, their products actually give back to the community - and you're helping! When you buy one of their products, a bar of soap or a month of clean water is given to a person in need.
You can actually find a code on the back of your product, head on to their website (Soapbox Soaps.com) and enter the code in to find out where exactly your product helped someone out! This soap in particular helped the Heeals Project in India. "Heeals uses the money from SoapBox sales to purchase soap in local markets in India and gives them to a program at Krishana Model Public School." * Ends up all three of my codes lead to this project! Awesome!
- Soapbox Coconut Body Wash (with shea butter) - I absolutely love the scent of this body wash and honestly, I'm not the biggest coconut fan. It doesn't smell like that nauseating fake coconut scent but rather a tropical, realistic coconut. I'm a converted fan! The wash contains vitamins E and K and coconut oil to keep your skin smooth and soft.
- Soapbox Coconut Bar Soap (with shea butter) - It's been a while since I've used a bar soap but I decided to give this a go just to see if there were any difference in the way your skin feels from using a bar versus body wash. No difference here! It still left my skin feeling silky smooth from the organic fair trade shea butter and olive oil in it.
- Soapbox Coconut Oil Hand Soap - I have this in my bathroom right now and it's amazing, guys. My hands feel like I lotioned them up afterward without the actual action of using lotion. It contains coconut oil and shea butter like the others.
What's better than a company that gives back? Oh, the fact that they're paraben, EDTA, phthalate, cruelty and palm oil-free, made in the USA and come in amazing scents like coconut and sea minerals. Can it get any better!?
Shop | Available at your local Rite Aid / SoapBox
* Products were sent to me / I was compensated for this post as part of the Rite Aid Network but naturally, all opinions are my own.
It's Thursday and phew - ladies and gents, we're SO close to the weekend. What better way to celebrate than to check out the May 2016 GlossyBox!? I'm new to GlossyBox so I was so excited that they reached out to me to try it for a month. I've heard some pretty amazing things!
So for those that aren't familiar with GlossyBox, it's a beauty monthly subscription box available in the US that delivers five deluxe-sized beauty products straight to your door for $21 a month, $121 for six months or $222 for a year.
What's in the box?
- Rituals Cosmetics Shower Foam in Zensation ($15) - Guys. I have a confession: I love trying out different shower gels and washes. I was SO excited to see this in the box, especially because I had never heard of the brand before. This foaming shower gel combines organic rice milk with cherry blossoms to hydrate and smooth your skin. I have yet to try this but let's just say I'm super looking forward to my next shower!
- VersaSpa Face Moisturizing Gradual Tanner ($35) - Another product I'm excited to try out. I always get a little nervous trying out face tanners but I'll be trying this one out soon.
- Nioxin System 3 Cleanser & Scalp Therapy Conditioner ($49) - Ah, Nioxin. I'm a HUGE fan of this brand and this exact system. The System 3 is made specifically for normal - thin looking hair and is AWESOME! The two products in the box are the cleanser and conditioner that removes oils that clog up the hair follicles and can leave your hair looking flat and greasy. It also balances moisture levels.
- Talika Photo-Hydra Day ($29) - Ohhhh my goodness. Where has this been all my life? The amino-acids in this "recreates the effects of natural light on your skin to give you a summer glow all year long". Um, YES PLEASE. It's so hydrating and just feels so lovely on the face. I'm so impressed and will definitely be purchasing!
- Benefit Roller Lash Super Curling & Lifting Mascara ($24) - Oh hey, my most favorite mascara EVER! This is already in heavy rotation with me so it was nice to see a little mini I can throw in my purse and go. I love the formula! It's a little drier so it separates your lashes, lifts and volumizes all without smudging and flaking.
What a great first impression on the GlossyBox for May! I was already sold when the description said that it always delivers five deluxe samples but the products in this month's box have me eager for next month's already! I'm a huge fan of the Benefit Roller Lash Mascara and can't wait to try the Talika Photo-Hydra Day Moisturizer!
What do you think of this box?
Shop | Buy
* Press samples
Surprise! Baby #2 is coming through!
Weeeeee! There's a pretty big reason the posts around here haven't been as consistent as I'd like and that's because - we're expecting baby #2! Surprise! Hahaha. We're due August 20th! We are so, so excited and it's just been absolute craziness between extreme exhaustion and taking care of a toddler that I honestly haven't had a chance to sit down, photograph a cute picture to announce with and then actually announce it. If you guys want to see the weekly updates I did with Hunter, let me know! I'm pretty far along (26 weeks this Friday!) but I still love doing them! I also have lots and lots of pregnancy post ideas coming soon so I can't wait to share!
- Dove Dry Oil Body Wash - Any body wash that has an oil in it, I am all over! I find that they are incredibly moisturizing and kick the last step of applying oil/lotion after you shower, to the curb. Who doesn't love saving time? The Dove Dry Oil Body Wash combines Moroccan Argan Oil with Dove's super mild cleansers and their NutriumMoisture technology to leave your skin soft and smooth. PS. If you don't have those little rubber mats in your shower, be careful! This wash can leave the floor a little slippery!
- Dove Regenerative Nourishment Shampoo - Let's face it. About 75% of us women have somewhat damaged hair. Either it's from hot tools, hair dye or just the daily elements - it happens! The Dove Regenerative Shampoo saves the day with a special Red Algae + Keratin NutriComplex to leave your hair smooth all the while helping it resist any breakage. The formula itself actually repairs in internal structure for damaged hair, making it fabulous from the inside out.
- Dove Regenerative Nourishment Conditioner - Naturally, a shampoo needs a conditioner that kicks butt as well! That's where the Dove Regenerative Conditioner comes in! I love to use this before I shampoo for the softest hair imaginable. I swear, you guys, it's life changing! Anyway, this conditioner nourishes your hair with the same special Red Algae + Keratin NutriComplex as the shampoo for double damage control from any breakage to leave your hair silky smooth.
Want a free sample of the Dove Dry Oil Body Moisture Body Wash, Regenerative Shampoo or Conditioner? Click here for a free kit + $3 off coupon (redeemable at Rite Aid)!
* Products were sent to me / I was compensated for this post as part of the Rite Aid Network but naturally, all opinions are my own. Plus, who DOESN'T love Dove?!
Hey everyone! April's Sephora Play! Box is on the blog today. I think Sephora is rollin' these out a little bit more often now. I know that recently (maybe last week?) they opened the wait list so that you could jump the list and subscribe right then and there. But if you're still on the fence on subscribing, I hope this review will help you out.
For those who don't know what the Sephora Play! Box is - it's Sephora's take on a monthly subscription box for $10 a month. The box has (in the past) been filled with usually one full size product and three to four samples.
This month's theme is: The It Crowd - Pull off this season's latest trends with this cool collection of it-girl items and innovative formulas. From an invigorating new eye cream to a fashion industry favorite, this month is all about revitalizing your routine with the hottest things in beauty.
What's in the box?
- MILK Makeup Sunshine Oil ($38) - I have been dying to try this brand out so I was so excited to see this in the box. The Sunshine Oil is an oil that can be used all-over! It's enriched with a whole bunch of oils including grapeseed, avocado, grapefruit peel, tangerine peel, mandarin and lemon peel. Can you tell this smells ah-mazing!? I've found myself really lovin' oils lately. My skin seems to take to oils way better than any moisturizer lately.
- Sunday Riley Good Genes All-In-One Lactic Acid Treatment ($105) - Sweet Baby Rays BBQ Sauce - $105 for a full size!? I have yet to try this but I'm intrigued by the price alone. This purified grade lactic acids boasts that it instantly corrects dullness, plumps up any fine lines and exfoliates skin. Um, yes please!
- Clinique Pep-Start Eye Cream ($26.50) - I have a confession: It's been awhile since I've last used an eye cream so this was another product I was pretty stoked to see! I'm a huge fan of Clinique's too so hey, it's a win/win. This cream claims to brighten and hydrate under your eye so I can't wait to try this baby out!
- NARS Satin Lip Pencil in Rikugien ($26) - How can you not get excited when you see NARS in your box!? I've never tried that satins before but I'm a big fan of their matte lip pencils. The shade Rikugien is a smooth rose pink that's basically my lip color but better. So gorgeous!
- Sephora Collection Colourful Cheek Ink Blush Gel in Peony ($14) - I've never used a gel blush before (stain, yes, but sheer gel? Interesting!). It's super sheer at first swipe but easily buildable to a more flushed look. The shade Peony is just your run of the mill gorgeous pink blush that works really well on every skintone.
- Derek Lam 10 Crosby 2AM Kiss ($95) - Hmm. The scent is described as a "passionate kiss with notes of salty caramel and crystallized amber" which sounds freakin' delicious but it kind of just fell short for me. It's almost too musky for me although I have tried it as a light scent (ie: NOT spraying it into the air and walking into the perfume cloud) and it was okay. I'm on the fence. Hahaha.
What do you think of this month's box?
It's about to get Spring-y all up in here! These three new limited edition shades from YoungBlood Mineral Cosmetics IntMatte Collection are bringing the brightness and color just in time for the warm weather - and I couldn't be more excited!
The IntiMatte Mineral Matte Lipstick Collection is enriched with emollients and Vitamin E for hydration. Also a HUGE plus - they're vegan!
(L-R: Fever, Flirt and Sinful)
- Fever - a coral. How gorgeous is this shade? It was super smooth to work with, moisturizing (despite it being matte) and lasted about three hours. I would say the finish on this lipstick was more satin than matte but it was absolutely gorgeous nonetheless.
- Flirt - a scarlet fuchsia. Eeee, my absolute favorite of the bunch! Flirt is a blue-toned scarlet fuchsia (what a mouthful) that is definitely flattering on all skintones. Again, I would describe this as more of a satin finish than matte but it was very long-lasting (about five hours!) and comfortable to wear.
- Sinful - a neon bright red with orange undertones. Lastly, we have Sinful which unfortunately was kind of a bummer for me. I love, love, love bright neon shades and really thought I'd fall in love with Sinful but it was really drying, gathered in all my lip lines and just moved all around. Whomp, whomp. I'm hoping that a good exfoliation and careful application can remedy this situation.
Shop | Buy ($19)
* Press Samples