I love nail wraps. I'm just going to come out and say it. They make life so much easier and make me look put together. "Girlll, her hair might be a rat's nest in a bun and she's rockin' sweatpants for the third day in a row but her nails look fierce."
Raises perfectly coiffed hand. Oh hey, that's me! So when I first saw NCLA's nail wraps, I just about died. They are the fierceness to my sweatpants. Not only are they gorgeous to stare at but they're not really your ordinary nail wraps that you see everywhere. They're unique, using prints you wouldn't think to wear on your nails, totally rockable. They also collab with awesome people ranging from bloggers to nail stylist extraordinaires to make insane nail wrap collections.
I can't wait to show you all of them (I have about six, I think) but I'm starting off with these collab'd nail wraps from Jenna Hipp from the Nailing Hollywood collection first.
Jenna's Nude Moon is a tan/nude nail with a crisp white moon. Super classy and probably the most demure (but still unique!) collection I chose to try out. The collection comes with 26 ultra-thin nail adhesives and a shnazzy NCLA nail file. I really like that there's a wide range of sizes with the adhesives. I always worry when applying nail wraps that I won't be able to find my size because my nails themselves are on the smaller side. Not a problemo with these! I was able to find my sizes with ease. The only issue I had was actually getting some of the nail wraps off the paper because they were so thin and it was picking up the paper with it. None ripped no matter how much I scratched them off the paper so even though they're thin, they're pretty tough.
How to apply NCLA nail wraps:
- Start off with fresh, clean nails and than apply a coat of basecoat (I used NCLA Gloss It!) and let it dry.
- Find the size that best fits your nail and peel from the sheet by the flap.
- Apply the most round part to your cuticle and stretch down until it fits perfectly. I know some are afraid to stretch it because they think it might break, but I promise you it won't. This is the most crucial part to get a nice, flat, flawless nail.
- Once you've fit it to your nail, firmly flatten it down starting from the cuticle and pressing your way down to the tip.
- Use the nail file in a downward motion to remove any excess wrap left over. Apply another coat of Gloss It! and you're all set! I really like using a coat for Gloss It! over it because it softens the nail wrap (as well as adds a shine to it) so you can go in one last time and press down anything you missed or smooth out any mistakes.
I think these came out so awesome, I'mma show you my right hand!
Overall: I think it's safe to say I'm in love. Definitely one of the easiest nail wraps I've ever had the pleasure of using. The key to applying these babies are to stretch out the wrap as much as you can and then press down. Stretching it smoothes out all the wrinkles and really just makes it easier. Also, using a topcoat over it softens the nail wrap a little so you can go back and push down any bubbles you may have missed and smooth out any mistakes without warping the wrap all together.
NCLA Jenna's Nude Moon | Availability: Buy | Price: $16
* Press sample