Awwww yeah. Look what came in a few days ago! So, during the BECCA x Jaclyn Hill event in NYC last week celebrating the new Champagne Collection (the full collection launches May 26 on Sephora.com/in stores June 16th), they announced that this palette was going live on the Sephora app right then and there - and everyone lost their damn minds. Including me.
The full collection contains the Shimmering Skin Perfector Poured Creme in Champagne Pop, The Shimmering Skin Perfector Liquid in Champagne Pop, The Champagne Collection Face Palette and a Champagne Collection Eye Palette (SO excited for this one!).
Let's get into that packaging first! How luxe, am I right? The palette is a somewhat heavy (or rather heavier than I expected it to be!) and super sturdy. The front is Jaclyn's logo on a very luxurious white and gold background. I'm lovin' it. If you flip it over, the back is all gold with the names of the products (YES YES YES!) on it. When opened, the top half is a beautiful full mirror and the bottom holds the highlighters and blushes.
The palette includes two highlighter shades (including the infamous Champagne Pop!) and a new highlighter created by Jaclyn, two mineral blush shades and a luminous blush shade. All five are perfect for every skin tone and contain no parabens, sulfates and phthalates.
- Rose Spritz (luminous blush) - is a soft peachy pink with a pale gold shimmer. I've never tried BECCA's luminous blushes and I'm SO happy that I got a chance to try it from this palette. The consistency is so buttery soft and applies so nicely and smoothly. It is pigmented so make sure to tap lightly into it if you're going for a more natural look.
- Amaretto (mineral blush) - is a matte toasted almond. At first I thought Almond was a matte bronzer but it does pull slightly pink-y on the skin so it's works as a gorgeous blush as well. Totally up to you how you use it. I'm going to sound like a broken record but again, super pigmented and silky soft.
- Pamplemousse (mineral blush) - a matte warm coral pink. Pamplemousse (how fun of a word is that?) is the perfect pink for Spring/Summer (or really any season, for that matter) and on any skin tone. I'm obsessed! Like Rose Spritz, it's incredibly pigmented so if you're going for a lighter flushed look, use lightly!
- Champagne Pop (shimmering skin protector) - a soft white gold with with pinky peach undertones. It wouldn't be the ultimate face palette if Champagne Pop wasn't in it! My Champagne Pop broke a long time ago (like, completely shattered!) so I was relieved to see a full-size sitting inside the palette. If you don't know about this highlighter, it's super pigmented and flattering for everyone.
- Prosecco Pop (shimmering skin protector) - a medium warm gold. Oh hey, Prosecco Pop! A little trivia for you: Prosecco Pop was inspired by liquid gold. And I'm all for bathing myself in a liquid gold version of a highlighter. Raise your hand if you're with me! It doesn't pull incredibly gold on the face which was worrisome for my pale skin but it was actually pretty flattering and looks gorgeous layered over Pamplemousse!
(L-R: Champagne Pop, Prosecco Pop, Rose Spritz, Amaretto, Pamplemousse)
Overall: I don't even have the whole collection and I'm pretty sure this Face Palette is going to be the hot item! It contains five incredibly pigmented and stunning shades for all skin tones!
Shop | Available May 26th (tomorrow!) on Sephora.com / in-stores July 16th - $52
Usually, I tuck these looks in the product review posts but I felt like this kind of deserves its own post. I completely understand the Makeup Geek hype and especially why the MannyMUA x MUG Palette is constantly sold out after putting this look together. Also, let's talk about ColourPop Ultra Matte in Cheap Thrills, am I right? SA-WOON!
- Face: Smashbox Primer Oil, tarte Rainforest of the Sea Water Foundation in Light Neutral (I could probably go down a shade), It Cosmetics CC+ Concealer in Light mixed with the foundation. Urban Decay Beached Bronzer in Bronzed + Urban Decay Afterflow Highlighter in Sin.
- Eyes: MannyMUA x Makeup Geek Palette - Beaches & Cream in the crease, Aphrodite on the inner and outer lid and Luna in the middle. Artemis in the inner corner and Aphrodite on the lower lid. tarte Tarteist Lash Paint Mascara.
- Lips: ColourPop Ultra Matte in Cheap Thrills
It's here! It's here! When Violet Voss first teased this baby a few months ago, I knew I had to have it. It's the Violet Voss Drenched Metal Palette - and you can pre-order here! I'm not sure if the code will work this time around but definitely try it out anyway - DM10 for $10 off.
I was going to review these individually but to be honest, there were only a few that stood out as troublemakers while the rest were pretty pigmented, long-lasting and for the most part, played nice. The two mattes (Secret and Midnight Tryst) were both a little on the dry side. Pigmented, but dry. I was reading about how someone had issues with their shadows being crumbly and while I wouldn't say crumbly per say, I would definitely say to watch out for fall out but I feel like that's natural with shimmers. It's just something that's going to happen. My favorite shades from this palette are Mermaid Vixen, Grunge, Slaycation and Huntress.
The Drenched Metals Palette is a limited edition palette for summer with 20 different shades of summer-y washes. Each one is 1.8 grams, cruelty-free and come in what seems like two finishes: matte and foils.
The palette itself is just like the Holy Grail palette - a sturdy cardboard-type of palette that flips open to a nice, large mirror on the top. The top also flips all the way back so it could show just the shades. You guys have no idea how much that excites me!
- Poppin - a shimmery pale champagne.
- Kisses - a pale peach shimmer.
- Confession - a pink-y peach with slight duochrome.
- Crushed It - a metallic rose gold.
- Secret - a cool-toned matte beige.
- I'm So Fancy - a bright shimmery turquoise.
- Mermaid Vixen - a metallic turquoise with duochrome.
- Grunge - a cool-toned metallic taupe.
- Minx - a metallic medium brown.
- Squad Goals - a shimmery light gold.
- Frisky - a cobalt blue shimmer.
- Dark Desires - a purple shimmer.
- Slaycation - a brown with a green duochrome.
- Come Thru - a light, cream shimmer.
- Livin - a metallic copper.
- Shade - a silver with lavender duochrome.
- Bliss - a light antique gold metallic.
- Huntress - a reddish-toned bronze.
- Forbidden - a burnt brick berry metallic.
- Midnight Tryst - a matte black.
Crease: Secret, Inner Corner: Come Thru, Middle: Slaycation, Outer: Mermaid Vixen + Frisky
Shop | Buy ($52)
* Use the code DM10 for $10 off
Tags: Violet Voss
Hey guys! Oh man. Last Tuesday was SUCH a great mail day! On top of receiving the Violet Voss Heavy Metals Palette (review coming soon!), the highly coveted MannyMUA x Makeup Geek Palette arrived as well. I pre-ordered both of these quite a few weeks ago but at the same time, they arrived way earlier than I thought they would. Woop woop! Let's start with a review on the MannyMUA x Makeup Geek Palette!
Upon opening my package, the shade 'Aphrodite' in the palette arrived broken and crumbled - aw, poo! I ended up shooting an e-mail with pictures of the damaged goods over to MUG's customer service and by the end of the day, they had a new 'Aphrodite' being shipped my way. If that isn't baller customer service, I don't know what is! Also, if you're like me and don't notice that the broken pieces are in the box and fall into your carpet and get smudged around under your son's toys, Garnier Micellar Water is AMAZING for getting it out. Y'know. If that ever happens to you.
So let's talk packaging: The front of the box is emblazoned with Manny's signature moon logo. I think I noticed the same logo on his OFRA collab lipsticks as well. The back of the box is an absolutely gorgeous picture of Manny with his thoughts on the palette:
"This palette can be worn by anyone and everyone regardless of age or race - I wanted to make sure of that! I worked so hard on this palette and couldn't be happier with the results!" - MannyMUA
Once you pop open the box, the front of the palette is super stunning with a funky Gatsby type of design on it but there's actually no real indication it's Manny's until you look on the back! The back has the eyeshadow names - THANK THE LAWD! - as well as "Manny MUA" on the bottom.
The limited edition palette contains nine shade chosen by Manny - three that are his favorites from MUG and six brand-new, exclusive shades. This palette has a little somethin' somethin' for everyone ranging from mattes to shimmers and foils:
Where to buy | Shop / Pre-order ($45)
- Artemis - (shimmer) a muted champagne yellow. Let me just preface these reviews by saving that this is actually my first time EVER using Makeup Geek products. My first swatch of Luna legit had my jaw dropping. I didn't know what to expect at all and was incredibly surprised. Luna is soft, silky and like butter to work with.
- Beaches & Cream - (matte) a soft peachy beige. Hint hint: This shade may or may not be my chosen shadow for the loop giveaway going on on Instagram right meow! ;) I think the swatch below shows it being patchy but I can assure it it's the lighting because it's actually a super smooth matte to work with. I've found myself reaching for this as a perfect transition color in the crease.
- Luna - (foiled) a medium rose gold. I'm so in love with this shade. Luna is actually a mix of Makeup Geek's "In The Spotlight" and "Grandstand" and it's absolutely gorgeous! The pigmentation is insane and just so, so buttery soft to work with. I've honestly never worked with an eyeshadow so amazing before. I'm going to need more foils in my life.
- Cosmopolitan - (shimmer) a gold-flecked medium rose. Another shade that I can't say enough good things about. Are all Makeup Geek eyeshadows this amazing? Again, super smooth, pigmented, easy to blend and just amazing, in general.
- Sora - (matte) a medium earthy terracotta. Again, the swatches below show this being patchy but I think it was just the weird lighting because it was very smooth to work with. Very pigmented and easy to blend. *Only shade that contains Talc.
- Frappe - (matte) a medium maple brown. One of my top three favorites from this palette! I'm sounding like a broken record now but again, pigmented, easy to blend and work with and long lasting.
- Insomnia - (foiled) a warm red brown with blue reflects. Meet my favorite shadow from the palette and I mean, how could it NOT be? The easiest way to describe the way this applied was like freakin' liquid. I can't even get over how smooth and pigmented this baby was. I am SO in love and would say to buy this palette for this shade alone! :)
- Mars - (matte) a deep cherry red. So Mars was probably the "worst" shadow out of this palette and I say that lightly because it wasn't even really that horrible. The consistency was slightly gritty in the pan but once applied it didn't feel that way and was very pigmented and easy to work with. It was drier to work with than the others.
- Aphrodite - (matte) a deep plum brown. Lastly, Aphrodite was slightly dry to swatch but once it applied it was actually easy to work with. Very pigmented and easy to blend. I love using this in the outer v to darken up the look a little and add dimension to my eye.
(L - R: Artemis, Beaches & Cream, Luna, Cosmopolitan, Sora, Frappe, Insomnia, Mars and Aphrodite)
Details: Beaches & Cream in the crease, Aphrodite on the inner and outer lid and Luna in the middle. Artemis in the inner corner and Aphrodite on the lower lid.
Where to buy | Shop / Pre-order ($45)
I love when I get to check out products I might not normally find myself grabbing in store but end up absolutely loving when given the chance to try out. The fact that the products help those in need? Even sweeter!
I'm talking about Soapbox Soaps - a company looking to give back. Besides having amazing vegan, non-GMO, and cruelty-free ingredients in their killer body washes, bar soaps, shampoos and more, their products actually give back to the community - and you're helping! When you buy one of their products, a bar of soap or a month of clean water is given to a person in need.
You can actually find a code on the back of your product, head on to their website (Soapbox Soaps.com) and enter the code in to find out where exactly your product helped someone out! This soap in particular helped the Heeals Project in India. "Heeals uses the money from SoapBox sales to purchase soap in local markets in India and gives them to a program at Krishana Model Public School." * Ends up all three of my codes lead to this project! Awesome!
- Soapbox Coconut Body Wash (with shea butter) - I absolutely love the scent of this body wash and honestly, I'm not the biggest coconut fan. It doesn't smell like that nauseating fake coconut scent but rather a tropical, realistic coconut. I'm a converted fan! The wash contains vitamins E and K and coconut oil to keep your skin smooth and soft.
- Soapbox Coconut Bar Soap (with shea butter) - It's been a while since I've used a bar soap but I decided to give this a go just to see if there were any difference in the way your skin feels from using a bar versus body wash. No difference here! It still left my skin feeling silky smooth from the organic fair trade shea butter and olive oil in it.
- Soapbox Coconut Oil Hand Soap - I have this in my bathroom right now and it's amazing, guys. My hands feel like I lotioned them up afterward without the actual action of using lotion. It contains coconut oil and shea butter like the others.
What's better than a company that gives back? Oh, the fact that they're paraben, EDTA, phthalate, cruelty and palm oil-free, made in the USA and come in amazing scents like coconut and sea minerals. Can it get any better!?
Shop | Available at your local Rite Aid / SoapBox
* Products were sent to me / I was compensated for this post as part of the Rite Aid Network but naturally, all opinions are my own.
It's Thursday and phew - ladies and gents, we're SO close to the weekend. What better way to celebrate than to check out the May 2016 GlossyBox!? I'm new to GlossyBox so I was so excited that they reached out to me to try it for a month. I've heard some pretty amazing things!
So for those that aren't familiar with GlossyBox, it's a beauty monthly subscription box available in the US that delivers five deluxe-sized beauty products straight to your door for $21 a month, $121 for six months or $222 for a year.
What's in the box?
- Rituals Cosmetics Shower Foam in Zensation ($15) - Guys. I have a confession: I love trying out different shower gels and washes. I was SO excited to see this in the box, especially because I had never heard of the brand before. This foaming shower gel combines organic rice milk with cherry blossoms to hydrate and smooth your skin. I have yet to try this but let's just say I'm super looking forward to my next shower!
- VersaSpa Face Moisturizing Gradual Tanner ($35) - Another product I'm excited to try out. I always get a little nervous trying out face tanners but I'll be trying this one out soon.
- Nioxin System 3 Cleanser & Scalp Therapy Conditioner ($49) - Ah, Nioxin. I'm a HUGE fan of this brand and this exact system. The System 3 is made specifically for normal - thin looking hair and is AWESOME! The two products in the box are the cleanser and conditioner that removes oils that clog up the hair follicles and can leave your hair looking flat and greasy. It also balances moisture levels.
- Talika Photo-Hydra Day ($29) - Ohhhh my goodness. Where has this been all my life? The amino-acids in this "recreates the effects of natural light on your skin to give you a summer glow all year long". Um, YES PLEASE. It's so hydrating and just feels so lovely on the face. I'm so impressed and will definitely be purchasing!
- Benefit Roller Lash Super Curling & Lifting Mascara ($24) - Oh hey, my most favorite mascara EVER! This is already in heavy rotation with me so it was nice to see a little mini I can throw in my purse and go. I love the formula! It's a little drier so it separates your lashes, lifts and volumizes all without smudging and flaking.
What a great first impression on the GlossyBox for May! I was already sold when the description said that it always delivers five deluxe samples but the products in this month's box have me eager for next month's already! I'm a huge fan of the Benefit Roller Lash Mascara and can't wait to try the Talika Photo-Hydra Day Moisturizer!
What do you think of this box?
Shop | Buy
* Press samples