It's about to get Spring-y all up in here! These three new limited edition shades from YoungBlood Mineral Cosmetics IntMatte Collection are bringing the brightness and color just in time for the warm weather - and I couldn't be more excited!
The IntiMatte Mineral Matte Lipstick Collection is enriched with emollients and Vitamin E for hydration. Also a HUGE plus - they're vegan!
(L-R: Fever, Flirt and Sinful)
- Fever - a coral. How gorgeous is this shade? It was super smooth to work with, moisturizing (despite it being matte) and lasted about three hours. I would say the finish on this lipstick was more satin than matte but it was absolutely gorgeous nonetheless.
- Flirt - a scarlet fuchsia. Eeee, my absolute favorite of the bunch! Flirt is a blue-toned scarlet fuchsia (what a mouthful) that is definitely flattering on all skintones. Again, I would describe this as more of a satin finish than matte but it was very long-lasting (about five hours!) and comfortable to wear.
- Sinful - a neon bright red with orange undertones. Lastly, we have Sinful which unfortunately was kind of a bummer for me. I love, love, love bright neon shades and really thought I'd fall in love with Sinful but it was really drying, gathered in all my lip lines and just moved all around. Whomp, whomp. I'm hoping that a good exfoliation and careful application can remedy this situation.
Shop | Buy ($19)
* Press Samples
It's always a good day when ColourPop is on the blog! Today, I have swatches and a review of the new satins and mattes in the #HumbleBrag Collection. I think this is their spring collection - or maybe summer? Who knows. ColourPop legit has a launch about every week. I can't keep track, guys.
(L-R: Littlestitious, Brooklyn, So Wavy + Molly // Are & Be, Privacy Please, Cheap Thrills + Bianca)
The Ultra Satins:
- Littlestituous (ultra satin) - a pastel dusty pink. Where are my Office fans at? I'm pretty sure this was made with Michael in mind when he said, "I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious" BTW, The four satins from this collection are my first try with ColourPop's satins and I have to admit, I'm pretty impressed and prefer them over the mattes. Littlestitious is basically my favorite nude EVER right now. I can't get over how perfect it is on my fair skin. It doesn't pull orange-y or too pink; it's just perfect. The formula was A+++ and lasted for about five hours. The consistency is basically everything I ever wanted in the matte lipsticks from CP - creamy, dries semi-matte, lasts long and doesn't settle in the fine lines of my lips.
- Brooklyn (ultra satin) - a warm bright pink. The swatch above is definitely showing it as almost red but I swear it's super hot pink in person as seen on the lip swatch below. I'm not sure if this is the MO for all satins but goodness, this was like heaven on my lips. It surprisingly lasted for about five hours and left a gorgeous stain behind.
- So Wavy (ultra satin) - a vibrant blue purple. I didn't realize how much I needed a blurple in my life until I tried this baby on. I am SO in love with this. Again, the consistency is just perfection. It dries down but still stays creamy but stays put at the same time. Does that make sense? Also, this leaves a BRIGHT pink stain behind.
- Molly (ultra satin) - a mid-tone plum lilac. How gorgeous is Molly? It's SO spring-y. I'm sounding like a broken record here but again, killer consistency and just an absolutely gorgeous color. I really can't rave more about these satin lipsticks!
The Ultra Mattes:
- Bianca (ultra matte) - a soft mauve pink. I know in both the arm swatches and lip swatches, Bianca and Littlestitious are practically twins but in person, Bianca is definitely a little more cooler toned and dustier. Did ColourPop change their matte formulas again? I was totally feeling these and actually mistook them for the satins at one point because they were just that smooth to put on. I didn't seem to have the issues I did with the previously released ultra mattes (dried too fast, settled in the lip lines, etc.). Bianca is general is so stunning. I loved the way it felt on my lips!
- Cheap Thrills (ultra matte) - a dusty lilac. *cough* Close Jeffree Star dupe of Gemini??? *cough* Just sayin'. It kind of looks similar! Cheap Thrills had the same smooth application as Bianca and dried fast but comfy. It didn't settle into my lips and wore for about six hours.
- Privacy Please (ultra matte) - a vivid lavender violet. Privacy Please was the only one out of the mattes that I had a slight issue with. It applied nicely but took some time to dry down. In fact, it was tacky for about ten minutes before it finally dried down. After that, it was comfortable but did settle into my lip lines. I wouldn't say it was a huge issue but just, compared to the others, it seemed like it was the "problem child" out of the ones I bought.
- Are & Be (ultra matte) - a rich mauve plum. I. AM. OBSESSED! This color is just so gorgeous. Are & Be was super easy to work with, applied nicely and evenly, dried down with time to correct any mistakes and lasted about seven hours.
Overall: I'm SO impressed with this collection! The ultra satins are, hands down, my favorite formula ever from ColourPop right now. I seriously need them all. I was actually really impressed with the formulas from the mattes as well. I feel like ColourPop is constantly tweaking their mattes which is great. My favorites are Bianca, Cheap Thrills, Are & Be, Littlestitious and So Wavy! Which ones are your faves?
Shop | ColourPop - ($6)
Aw yes, #BBCChallenge is back - just in time for prom season! Our first challenge back is all about a high schooler's big day (I mean, they have promposals now! It's insane!) so make sure to check out all the posts below from the rest of the ladies participating in the challenge for a whole bunch of prom-inspired tutorials!
There's a couple of notes I wanted to make about my look before I got into it: 1. I feel like this look can go with every dress color out there! I really wanted to come up with something that could work for everyone. 2. I tried to include as many cheap products as I could because let's face it; we probably blew most of our money on that gorgeous dress (at least I did back in - *ahem* well, a long time ago) and the products that aren't cheap, I recommend investing in because they're pretty awesome and definitely can be used often.
How to get this look:
- FACE: tarte Rainforest of the Sea Water Foundation in Light Neutral applied with a damp BeautyBlender. L'Oreal True Match Concealer Crayon in Fair/Light and blended out with same damp BeautyBlender. Set with the Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder. Urban Decay Bronzer in Bronzed + ColourPop Blush in Between The Sheets. theBalm Mary Lou-Manizer for dat glow! * Set with L'Oreal Pro Setting Spray to make sure there's no flashback!
- EYES: MAC Paint Pot in Painterly as a base. Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette - Tease in the crease, Half Baked on the lid, Busted on the outer lid. MicaBeauty Gel Liner in Black used for the cat eye. Ardell Lashes in Demi Wispies for the falsies.
- BROWS: L'Oreal Brow Stylist Prep & Shape Pro Kit in Brunette
- LIPS: ColourPop Ultra Matte Lipstick in Midi
Need more options? Check out these other prom looks!
Happy Friday, baby cakes! I am back again with - gasp! - a foundation?! It's somewhat rare for a foundation to be reviewed on the blog because A.) I do a lot of research on foundations so when I do buy one, it's kind of a forever-to-the-last-drop type of situation. B.) I don't wear foundation so often that I would be reviewing a foundation every month and said foundation lasts for a long time. That being said, if there is a foundation that sounds amazing, I usually bend and buy it before the last foundation is used up (sorry CoverFX Custom Drops!).
Which brings me to the tarte Rainforest of the Sea Foundation! Um, hello gorgeous packaging, am I right? In fact, the packaging has sucked me in to the point where I have the rest of the Rainforest of the Sea collection sitting in my Sephora bag waiting to be checked out. It's that cute!
The tarte Rainforest of the Sea Water Foundation is described as "a lightweight, full-coverage hydrating foundation infused with tarte's Rainforest of the Sea complex and non-chemical SPF 15 sunscreen."
So, I'm the dummy that couldn't for the life of me figure out how to open this. Was it a pump? Do I just dump it on the back of my hand? I will save you the trouble of wracking your brain and let you know that it's actually a dropper applicator that you pump the top of the cap to suck up the product, open and then pump again to dispense the product out. tarte says to apply onto your foundation brush different, but I like to dispense onto the back of my hand, dot onto my face and then blend using my BeautyBlender.
The consistency is very lightweight; kind of like a foundation water (if that makes sense) that blends like a dream. Two drops gives me a light, natural coverage. Three and a half give me a more full coverage look. I also didn't notice any oxidation which #colormeshocked nor any flashback even though this does have sunscreen in it. What I absolutely loved about this was that I wore this all day into the night and my face didn't budge. Guys, it was amazing! I wasn't oily, nor dry or cracking anywhere. In fact, I kind of forgot I even had makeup on. Double thumbs up!
Swatches of Light Neutral
Overall: I think this might be my new summer fave! It's super lightweight and doesn't even feel like it's on. It's smooth to apply and lasts all day and night.
tarte | Buy ($39)
Hey guys! Oh gosh. I'm so stoked for this post! It's my top ten favorite beauty products under $10 - an amazing collab with other nine gorgeous ladies on YouTube from IpsyOS! Make sure to check them out at the bottom of this post and show them some love! Edit: As soon as all the videos go live, I will link them directly down below!
So I tried to mix the best of all worlds with products from the drugstore, Sephora and Ulta as well as products you can only find online. So let's get started!
Top 10 Under $10 | Beauty Products
- Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water All-In-1 Makeup Remover & Cleanser ($8.99) - Hands down, the best makeup remover I've ever used! It uses special "micellar technology" to lift away dirt and oil, remove makeup (even if it's waterproof!) without having to rub hard. I like to take a cotton pad, soak it with this remover and cleanser and gently wipe away my makeup. It has cut my makeup removing time in half (if not more!) and leaves my skin feeling so smooth.
- Milani Baked Blush in Luminoso ($7.29) - Looking for a gorgeous "glow within" type of blush that works for all skintones? Look no more! Luminoso gives this super stunning flushed look that is so natural and gives just the right amount of pink to your cheeks. I love it!
- Jordana Best Lash Extreme Volumizing Mascara ($2.99) - I still can't believe it's only $3 because this mascara rivals even the best high end mascaras. What I love the most about this one in particular is that it has a somewhat drier consistency that lengthens and volumizes without flaking or giving the "racoon eye" after a long day.
- Rite Aid Revival Fit It Up Makeup Corrector Pen - I can't find this on the site to give you the exact price but I know that it's under $5! This pen is great when you're winging and get a little enthusiastic and need to clean up a little (literally me every time I wing my liner). This pen contains makeup remover with a soft, precise brush that can gently erase any mess ups - whether it's your liner or a smudged lipstick!
- ColourPop Super Shock Shadow in Nillionaire ($5) - Of course this list wouldn't be complete without a little ColourPop! It was hard to narrow it done but if I had to choose my absolute favorite shadow from them it would be this little pot of sparkle! Nillionaire is a warm bronze with a load of gold and multi-colored glitter. It's so, so stunning!
- Batiste Dry Shampoo in Cherry ($7.99) - I swear, ever since I became a mom, this has been my best friend for those days I can't take a shower. Which, let's be real, happens more then we'd like to admit. I personally love the one made for brunettes. The spray itself is dark so it doesn't leave that white cast that some dry shampoos can leave behind if you get a little cray with it. This one is "cherry" and it's my second favorite! It smells amazing and just gives my hair the little lift it needs. It soaks up all the grease in my day three hair without drying out my scalp. Can't live without this!
- Real Techniques Blush Brush ($8.99) - Who knew one of my favorite brushes could be found in a drugstore!? The Real Techniques Blush Brush is dense, yet soft and holds just the right amount of product. I also use this as a bronzer brush!
- nugg Hydrating Face Mask ($3.29) - How cute is this little guy? I love the nugg face masks! They hold just enough product for one face mask in a cute, small package. This one in particular is the hydrating mask that leaves my skin so soft and moisturized after I've had it on. I apply this to a clean, dry face, let sit for about seven minutes, wash off and wa-la! Soft, hydrated skin!
- ColourPop Liquid Lipstick in Lumiere 2 ($6) - Back at it again with another ColourPop goodie! This one is my favorite liquid lipstick from their line right now. It's the product of a KathleenLights x ColourPop collab. Lumiere 2 is a dusty, dark purple-y mauve that is so flattering! Lumiere 2 dries matte, doesn't crumble or crack and wears all day.
- Julie G. Nail Color in Cabana Boy ($3.99) - Lastly, we have Julie G. Nail Color which you can only find online or in Rite Aid stores but I can promise you, it's worth the search! I find Julie G. to be comparable to OPI as far as opacity and longevity. Cabana Boy is a gorgeous muted blue that is so stunning for spring/summer!
Make sure to check out the others!
For Summer 2016, NARS makes a getaway with this limited edition collection - high fashion moments steeped in exclusivity and ease. New, rich Lip Covers saturate lips with coastal coverage while Dual-Intensity Eyeshadows transform sheer tones and glistening shades for eyes. Dual-Intensity Blush completes the look with a touch from the sun - an insatiable rush of blush.
Francois Nars' love of the lens meets the glamorous glare of the French Riviera. Inspired by the sensational whirl of an editorial shoot, each lush vignette captures the wit and wonder of his behind-the-scenes world. Original illustrations by contemporary artist Konstantin Kakanias bring each moment to life on covetable, limited edition packaging. A total departure in every aperture.
Dual-Intensity Eyeshadows ($29)
- Deep End - a shimmering teal/green
- Pool Shark - iridescent periwinkle
- Tan Lines - a rich hazelnut
- Topless - a seashell pink
Dual-Intensity Blushes ($45)
- Liberation - a shimmering light pink/caramel rose
- Sexual Content - a sandy peach/soft raspberry
Lip Covers ($28)
- Do Not Disturb - a vivid orange-red
- Get Dirty - a desert rose
- Members Only - a crimson (a NARS boutique/NARScosmetics.com exclusive)
- Overheated - a deep dusty rose
Available 4/15 at NARS Boutiques and narscosmetics.com
Available 5/1 at Sephora, department and specialty stores