// Press sample.
Happy Thursday, babes! Today I'm sharing the GLOSSYBOX July 2016 Box so if you haven't opened your's yet - first off, what are you waiting for?! - but secondly, don't click the "read more..." link just yet until you're ready to see what's in the box!
The deets on GLOSSYBOX - It's a monthly beauty subscription service where you will receive five deluxe-sized products sent straight to your front door, for $21 a month, $121 for six months or $222 for a year. Ending July 31st, use the code POPPIN for a makeup cosmetic bag in your box!
What's in the box?
- NUXE Dry Oil Huile Prodigieuse ($45) - Oooh, I've heard of this before so I'm happy to see this in this month's box. It's an all-in-one beauty elixir that you can use in your hair, mixed with your foundation or even just rub on your bod for a little glow. I haven't tried this yet but you bet I'll be tucking this in my travel bag to try on vacation.
- Leighton Denny Expert Nails Miracle Mist ($16) - What the what!? If this actually works, I swear, I'll be buying backups! Spray this baby on your nails after they've been painted and it's supposed to dry them down fast and leave them smudge-free for days.
- Too Faced Melted Liquified Long Wear Lipstick in Chihuahua ($21) - I'd be lying if I said this wasn't the first product my eyes went to. I've been DYING to try this shade!
- Fango Essenziali Moisture Treatment Sheet Mask ($7) - Gimme all the moisture! This mask brings the moisture with a soothing mix of avocado, kelp and acai berry.
- EYEKO Fat Stick in Satin ($12) - I'm a big fan of EYEKO but haven't tried this product so I can't wait to put it to the test. What's cool about this is that it plays on the hot trend of "glossy eyes" and leaves behind a "metallic-y, smudgy iridescence on the eye". Interesting!
- GLOV Quick Treat ($5) - Another product that'll be coming with me on vacation! I haven't opened it yet but according to the little pamphlet that came with the box, you wet this, fit it around your finger, remove makeup and rinse with soap and water and you can reuse. That sounds killer!
Well, well, well. It has been a little while since my face has been on my own blog, huh? As I'm rounding out 36 weeks this Saturday (what what!?), I've been SO exhausted, putting on a full face as been the least of my thoughts. My apologies, ya'll!
That being said, I decided to sit down while Hunter's taking an early nap and try out a whole bunch of products that have been sent to me/that I bought/basically a mix of everything. I also have separate reviews of all the products reviews coming soon but until then...
- FACE: So first off, I started with Mojo Spa's Illuminata Illuminating Herbal Makeup which can be used as a primer, moisturizer and luminizer. I applied this all over my face with my hands as a primer and have been really loving the results. It gives an almost "glowing from within" type of look before I even put foundation on! Next up, I applied Urban Decay's One & Done Skin Perfector (in Light). Mama needs concealer so I applied It Cosmetics CC+ Concealer in Light but I'm almost done with it. Any recommendations for a new concealer? Lastly, I set that with Laura Mercier Brightening Powder.
- BLUSH / BRONZER / HIGHLIGHTER: Blush, bronzer and highlighter are courtesy of Makeup Revolution's Golden Sugar 2 Rose Gold Blush Palette (what a name!). At first glance, this palette doesn't really seem like it would suit lighter complexions but color me surprised! I also want to note that the highlighters in this palette give off a more dewy look then spotlight/glittery/whatever. I love it!
- LIPS: Makeup Revolution Rose Gold Lipstick in Chaffeur - Definitely loving this shade of a brown-mauvy-almost my lips but better color. It's incredibly pigmented and creamy.
- BROWS: Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Definer in Brown
- EYES: MAC Paint Pot in Painterly as a base and then Makeup Geek Confection to set the base. Makeup Geek Peach Smoothie in the crease and then Makeup Geek Dirty Martini (I'm OBSESSED with this olive shade!) all over the lid. Lastly, Makeup Geek Shimma Shimma in the inner corner, tarte Tarteist Lash Paint liner for the cat eye and House of Lashes falsies in Iconic. I'm likin' the lashes but I'm not sure it's love yet. I bought these in one of their sales, had to chop off almost half the lash to fit my eye and then I'm not sure I'm feelin' the thick band. That being said, the lash itself is SO stunning and definitely finishes any look. I think I'm going to have to just play with this one.
I also changed my lighting set up and bought two new soft boxes for a more consistent look. What do you guys think? I'm still playing with the settings but so far, I'm liking the change!
* Some products in this post were sent for consideration as well as some products were bought by me.
Hey guys! So quite a few weeks ago, Beauty Bay had this absolutely insane sale where it was buy one Makeup Geek product, get one free. I'll give you a minute to soak that in. Naturally, I (as well as thousands of others) were allllllll over that. Cue mass makeup-induced pandemonium but long story short, your babe got her shadows!
Beauty Baby is located in the UK (and I'm in the US) so I was worried about how long shipping would take, the lack of a tracking number (very norm for overseas for your tracking number to work there but as soon as it gets to the US, it's untrackable). Beauty Bay was so, SO kind on updating me where my package was and overall, it took about two weeks to get here. All in all, not too bad.
I also ordered my Z-Palette separately (although Beauty Bay does sell them) because I was in such a rush to get my MUG order in that I forgot to order a palette. #totalfail I ended up ordering off of the Makeup Geek site and got the large Z-Palette because the Z-Palette site itself said it holds 28 MUG-sized pans but the MUG site said it's only 27. Whomp, whomp.
As you can see from the pictures below, the palette doesn't allow you to fit the seven pans evenly on the bottom row. It's a little disappointing because I ordered 28 pans thinking they'd all fit. Also, it's just odd? But makeup probz, huh?
The Z-Palette itself is great quality even though it's just a sturdy cardboard with a clear panel on the top lid so you can see through it. As of right now, I don't see this being super travel-friendly because I'm pretty sure the pans would go everywhere if your bag is dropped. I'm traveling in a few weeks and will report back on that one.
If you're unfamiliar Makeup Geek shadows, each one is talc-free, cruelty-free and paraben-free. Each pan is $6 (for normal shades, $8 for duochromes, $10 for foiled) and are .0064 oz. From top left to right:
- Rockstar - a medium silver base duochrome with pink-purple reflects.
- Concrete Jungle - a matte deep grey with subtle purple undertones
- Galaxy - a metallic gunmetal.
- Shimma Shimma - a metallic champagne.
- Vanilla Bean - a peachy beige with light shimmer.
- Confection - a slightly mauve-y pink matte.
- Phantom - a white based duochrome with violet purple reflects.
- High Wire - a medium silver with subtle blue undertones foil.
- Curfew - a matte medium plum purple.
- Houdini - a deep emerald teal green foil.
- Time Travel - a matte deep teal with grey undertones.
- Bedrock - a medium grey matte with brown undertones.
- Whimsical - a light silvery pink foil.
- Bleached Blonde - a shimmery pale gold.
- Boo Berry - a denim blue matte with grey undertones.
- Shore Thing - a matte pastel mint.
- Sea Mist - a shimmery turquoise.
- Cherry Cola - a deep brown matte with strong red undertones.
- Cupcake - a matte medium pink.
- Starry Eyed - a light champagne beige foil with pink undertones.
- Morocco - a rich, burnt orange matte.
- Dirty Martini - a matte olive green.
- Fuji - a bright apple green matte.
- Typhoon - a deep teal base with green and gold reflects.
- Steampunk - a black base with rich copper reflects.
- Americano - a dark brown matte with subtle purple undertones.
- Peach Smoothie - a light peach beige matte.
As you guys can tell, I love a good mix of neutrals and fun colors. My absolute faves that you need in your life are: Shimma Shimma, Confection, Bedrock, Whimsical, Starry Eyed, Dirty Martini and Americano! Which ones are your absolute must-haves?
Shop | Buy
I've compiled a list (simply by pouring out my purse-turned-diaper-bag) and thought I'd share with you what I keep in my bag to keep life's little surprises at bay (some are pictured below, some are hidden so far under a layer of crumbs - but I promise they're there):
- Mints - Seems harmless enough, right? Except these are more for those days when you are running out of the house, are already halfway to your destination and remember you forgot to brush your teeth. Nothing says a toothbrush replacement like a yummy, vanilla mint.
- Deodorant - Another precautionary item in my bag! Have I emphasized how often it is that I run out of the house, sometimes still in my pajama shirt and yogas? Keeping a travel-sized deodorant in my purse is great for those kind of days where I just forget everything and need to pull myself together in the car. Also, since having a child, I sweat - like, a lot so having this is convenient for those times as well.
- CAREFREE Acti-Fresh Thin Liners - These liners are an absolute necessity for so many different reasons! Analogy time: a diaper to my son, are these liners to me. Remember when I was talking about "life's little surprises" earlier? These total cover that! I wasn't joking when I said lots of things change when you become a mom. Like, how terrifying it is to have horrible allergies after having a child. Or just sneezing in general. Or being pregnant and having your unborn child give a nice, sweet hug to your bladder. It happens to the best of us but now I don't need to worry (and don't have to pack extra underwear) with these babies in my bag. Thanks to their cotton-like fibers bonded together, they move with me and keep me feeling fresh. I also really like the Carefree Acti-Fresh Original Regulars which are slightly bigger but still thin enough that it feels like I'm not wearing anything. They, too, have a unique odor control system so there's no worries throughout the day. *Right now, CAREFREE liners are 10% off on Target's Cartwheel app (LOVE this app!). Runs 6/27 - 8/7.
- Hair Ties / Bobby Pins - These are staples in my life! With a toddler, getting into the shower is a mission in and of itself. When those days just don't happen, hair ties and bobby pins help me throw my hair into a messy mom bun and get stuff done.
- Toy cars - Guys, I have a parking lot in my purse. Like, I could never imagine having this many toy cars in my bag ever. My toddler is obsessed with them! There's nothing more fun than fumbling for your wallet at a checkout and pulling out a miniature souped up ambulance and a bright pink Evo.
- Breast Pads - These might not be necessary for everyone but for a mommy due in a few weeks (or a mommy that has just had a baby), these are fabulous to have on hand. And lots of them! If you find yourself without breast pads, you can cut a CAREFREE liner in half and stick them into your bra to absorb any milk leakage.
I, like many moms, do lots of my shopping at Target! Since we've moved, it's been so convenient being about ten minutes away. They have this amazing Cartwheel app that has different percentage off offers every week - only for Cartwheel users! All you do is download the offers you want onto your phone, scan the barcode and enjoy! Right now, they have CAREFREE liners 10% off on the app - runs 6/27 - 8/7.
What are your absolute necessities kept in your handbag, especially now that you've had children?
I know, I know. We are smack dab in the middle of a hot, hot summer and knee deep in drinks by the pool and tan lines - how dare I even mention heading back to school? Let's be real: school (much to some people's dismay and to other's happiness) is just a few short months away!
Whether you're parting ways with friends who might be going to different colleges or heading back to school yourself, there's nothing better than putting together a little somethin' somethin' to let them know you care (or treating yourself to some goodies without breaking the budget)!
In this post, I'll be showing you how to create a Back-To-College Survival Kit with a fun twist with my favorite Neutrogena and Clean & Clear skin care products - all of which you can find at the convenience of your local Target! Target is the spot for the best deals on skincare and cosmetics. Right now, you can buy one participating Neutrogena facial, cosmetic or Clean & Clear facial product and get one 25% off. Ends 8/31.
- your favorite beauty or skincare products or products you think your friend will like. I chose:
- Neutrogena Deep Clean Cream Cleanser - This cleanser gets down to the nitty gritty and cleanses the pores of dirt, leftover makeup, etc. without drying out the skin. A cream cleanser is always nice to use to add a little moisture to the skin.
- Neutrogena Oil-Free Pink Grapefruit Acne Moisturizer - This is more than just your average moisturizer! It contains .5% salicylic acid to clear any breakouts but also moisturizes, evens out any redness and blurs an acne marks.
- Neutrogena Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover - Oil-free is the way to be! This removes even the toughest and most waterproof eye makeup. Unfortunately, it doesn't remove those late night study seshs.
- Clean & Clear Morning Burst Facial Cleanser - When five different alarms just won't cut it, this citrus-scented cleanser will get you movin'! This cleanser contains vitamin-enriched Bursting Beads to smooth and nourish your skin.
- Clean & Clear Makeup Dissolving Facial Cleansing Wipes - Whether you're sweatin' from the gym or a final, these wipes are fab to have on-the-go! Tuck these pre-moistened wipes in your backpack to quickly freshen up wherever you are!
- Clean & Clear Night Relaxing All-In-One Cleansing Wipes - While there's a few options for cleansers in this kit, I love using a cleansing wipe when you get home late and just don't have the time to go through a cleansing routine. These are pre-moistened and remove all traces of dirt and makeup.
- a cute but useable container to put everything in (other options: a shower caddy, a makeup bag, etc.)
- tissue paper or shredded paper
- some fun motivational quotes to cut out and tape onto the basket!
- optional: candy (I mean, hello!?), gift cards to their favorite coffee shop or local Target, socks, flip flops and pictures!
Let's get started!
- Stuff the bottom of the container with shredded paper.
- Tuck in all the products into the container.
- Cut out your motivational quotes! The one I used is actually my blog's motto and tied in so perfectly with this DIY kit but you can search for some great ones online. I then used a pretty font on Photoshop to write out "College Survival Kit" and printed it out to tape on the container.
- Enjoy for yourself or give to a friend that's heading off to college!
What would you want in your own "College Survival Kit"?
* Don't forget: From now until the end of August, you can buy one participating Neutrogena facial, cosmetic or Clean & Clear facial product and get one 25% off at your local Target!
Enter for a chance to win 1 of 30 $50 gift cards to Target!
Is it me or is it seriously hard to find cute boy clothes (and hats and shoes and....)? I noticed this when I was shopping for Hunter but now I'm really seeing it as I shop for baby boy #2! The selection for girls is almost overwhelming compared to the boys.
Just the other day, I was in TJ Maxx with my mom, looking for cute clothes for the boys and was SO disappointed to find about five full racks of gorgeous baby girl clothes (not to mention the fab selection of accessories!) and then only one (YES ONE!) rack of boys clothes and a 'meh' selection of accessories.
I know, I know. It's like that in a lot of clothing stores. I'm sure it's because "guys don't really care what they wear like women do" and maybe there's truth in that, but hey, until that time where they can dress and decide for themselves, load this mama up with cute clothes for her boys!
I've come up with some of my favorite places to find cute boy clothes, accessories and more to help any mama out there looking! If you have any great boy shops, stores, etc. that you'd like to share, leave them in the comments! I'd love to check them out.
- Carter's - My mom jokes with me that when I was pregnant with Hunter, I cornered the market with Carter's. I used to refresh the website constantly to see what was new. This time around, I'm double-obsessed with Carter's as well as it's sister (but slightly more expensive) company Osh Kosh B'Gosh but don't let that defer you. Both are constantly having sales so you rarely ever pay full price. I also have to note that the quality from both stores is pretty amazing and their boy selections are adorable! They offer a lot of "outfit" options (like the above pictures) so you're getting a lot of bang for your buck while most other stores only do separates. Carter's also has a pretty fab reward program where every dollar you spend equals a point. When you hit 75 points, you get $10 off and so on. Right now, if you sign up online, you get 20% off your next order of $40 or more!
- Old Navy - This post couldn't have come at a better time because my mom and I just left Old Navy with a huge bag full of clothes for the boys from their huge 4th of July sale! I do want to note that (at least with my local stores), the selection of boy clothes is sometimes better online than it is in stores. About 75% of the time, my store looks picked over but we totally hit the jackpot, so go figure! Baby Gap is Old Navy's sister store and also has great deals and cute boy clothes BUT they're a little more expensive. Old Navy has outfit selections as well as separates!
- H&M - One of my favorite stores to shop at! Not only are they easy on the wallet but they offer super cute Mickey Mouse, Batman, etc. type of clothes (which Hunter loves!) as well as trendy clothes (moto pants, wide brim baseball hats, high top sneakers, etc.) I always know I'll be walking out with some really cute boy clothes. The only issue I have with H&M is that if you see something once, you better grab it because it probably won't be there the next time you go back! They're constantly adding different stock into the mix. Also, a lot sells out quickly. I once went back for a cute pair of white high top sneakers (think Slater from Saved By The Bell) and bought them in a size too small for Hunter. I went back only to never find them again! Whomp whomp!
- Zara Kids - I've never personally shopped here (I think the closest actual store is about an hour away) but I constantly check the site for their cute boy clothes. I've heard amazing things about buying from the site and I drool over how fun the little trousers are that they for little boys. One thing I have noticed (and am now seeing a trend) is that they sell out SO quickly so if you see something you like, just get it. Call me your enabler!
- Freshly Picked - Okay, okay. So these moccasins might not be super affordable as they go for about $60 each but keep in mind that most "first" shoes (walking shoes) are around this price. A lot of podiatrists actually recommend a soft-soled shoe as a baby's first as it allows they're foot to bend as naturally as possible making it easier for them to learn to walk. Freshly Picked is my recommendation for an amazing moccasin as they are beautifully-made, come in super presh prints and last for a longgggg time.
If you're looking for pre-owned clothes:
- Once Upon A Child - This place is my guilty pleasure. There's nothing better than walking out with a huge bag of clothes for the boys without breaking $100. They have an amazing selection of lightly loved clothes, toys, shoes, accessories, strollers, etc. for cheap. Heck, a lot of the clothes still have tags on them! My favorite steal was a brand new, still in the box MamaRoo for $75 there a few years ago!
- Kidizen - Thank goodness they came out with an update that my phone won't take unless I update (LOL silly phone) because this app is SO dangerous. This app offers pre-owned clothes, shoes, accessories, etc. Basically, you can search whatever you're looking for and if it's available, it'll pop up and you can buy it. I saw Nike Roshe toddler sneakers for $14 shipped on there that looked like they were brand spankin' new!
What are your favorite stores to shop at for boy clothes?