I received these products complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes.
Happy Wednesday, babes! I've been the biggest fan of BITE Beauty for a long time now. They're one of those companies that you just know the quality is going to be there and that it won't disappoint. So imagine my surprise/excitement when Influenster sent me BITE Beauty's newest release of lip pencils, coordinating mini Amuse Bouche lipsticks and a Sephora lip pencil sharpener!
The BITE Beauty Lip Pencil ($18) comes in 22 different shades that range from vampy wines to rosey pinks to that perfect nude so you're covered on just about every shade possible. The texture of the pencils are super creamy and opaque. They're that perfect middle ground of smooth enough to just glide over the lines of your lips but still stiff enough so that they're not crumbling at the slightest touch. I mean, according to Sephora.com, even the pencil casing is made from "artisanal wood" and the pencil itself is whipped with shea butter and three times the pigment. BITE Beauty definitely wasn't playing around with this one. They are literal perfection.
I received the shades 020 (a beige nude) and 044 (a rich mahogany) and can't stop using them. Guys, I never line my lips. Ever. But these babies have me changing my ways! I'm not sure if I ever told you guys this but when I was younger, I dropped my Eggo near our Pekinese. (I swear, I'm going somewhere with this). When I went to pick it up, she went for it and then turned around and bit me, taking some of my top lip off with her.
Thankfully, they were able to stitch up but it did cause some unevenness on my top lip that I wasn't even aware of until I started beauty blogging. Anyway, The Lip Pencil is so smooth that it glides right over that scar and allows me to even everything out without any issues.
Overall: I'm impressed with these! As someone who isn't a big liner user, these have convinced me that I'm missing out - and I need about every color! I also appreciate that they have a liner that coordinates with each of their Amuse Bouche lipsticks (another big fan of those!).
Shop This Look:
This is a sponsored conversation from Mums the Word Network and The Stork OTC. All opinions are my own.Stork OTC to share my birth story!
Thankfully, we've never had any issues getting pregnant and while Brody will probably (maybe?) be our last, his birth definitely went out with a bang!
August 27, 2016, I was officially 41 weeks pregnant. I had a scheduled induction the following Tuesday and was praying with every single ounce of my being to go into labor naturally before then. That same night, my sweet, loving fiance decided to host a bachelor party for his now step-father even though I told him I had a strange feeling the baby was going to come that night - just because. Before the guys arrived for the party, I started having contractions. Nothing crazy though. I could handle them. It wasn't until 11PM that night when I noticed they were coming at two minutes apart and figured we should probably head out to the hospital.
I still remember grabbing our friend Dan and telling him to find Anthony (my fiance) because it was time to go and him just like, taking off running to look for him. Too funny! I grabbed my bags, had my dad stay to watch Hunter, found a semi-tipsy Anthony and headed off to the hospital.
When we got there, they got me into a room, checked me to find I was at 7 cm and I immediately asked for an epidural. That's what I did with Hunter and really enjoyed his birth experience (probably because I couldn't feel a damn thing!). With this birth, however, they said I didn't have a recent blood test so they'd have to do it all over again before giving me an epidural. I swear, it was 20 minutes but felt like an eternity when the anesthesiologist finally came up to start but I was already ready to push. My doctor was like, "Don't push if you want this epidural." and I still remember saying, "Yeah, too late. He's coming." and then my water literally burst. Within five minutes, Brody was born! By far, the fastest, most intense thing I've ever experienced! Our parking ticket said 10:30PM and Brody was born at 12:12AM! Crazy, right? Brody was born 6 pounds, 10 ounces, 21 inches.
Aww, his little face!
This is a sponsored conversation from Mums the Word Network and The Stork OTC. All opinions are my own.
Yay! Valentine's Day is tomorrow and if you're still stumped on what makeup to rock, I have a look that's perfect for you! Whether you're celebrating with a romantic dinner or headin' out with the girls, this look is pink, simple and easy to put together!
- MojoSpa High Society Moisturizer (the bees knees!)
- Urban Decay Skin Perfector in Light applied with a damp Beauty Blender
- It Cosmetics Bye, Bye Under Eye Concealer in Light
- Smashbox Cosmetics MasterClass 3 Palette for the contour, highlight and blush
- Benefit Cosmetics Hoola Bronzer
- Makeup Revolution Golden Sugar 2 Rose Gold Palette for highlight
- Jesse's Girl Eyeshadow Primer
- Makeup Geek Cupcake on the lid, Peach Smoothie in the crease and Cherry Cola on the outer v blended into the crease. Starry Eyed patted onto the lid with my finger. Cupcake blended on the bottom lid. Inner corner is Whimsical. Liner is Eddie Funkhouser Eye Definer Liner. Lashes are House of Lashes in Iconic. Brows are Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Definer in Medium Brown.
- Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Motherlove
It's a snow day here in Connecticut! One babe is napping and the other is enjoying the snow outside so I decided to take full advantage of it and get to bloggin'. I've literally had this review sitting in my drafts since a few days after Christmas. I am sa-lackin'.
On the blog today, I'm sharing a full review and lip swatches on the ColourPop Moment of Weekness Collection! This collection includes seven matte liquid lipsticks - one for every day of the week - in their brand new matte formula which is supposed to be more comfortable and less drying.
- Sunday - a soft terracotta.
- Monday - a warm peachy beige.
- Tuesday - a bright coral red.
- Wednesday - a vibrant hot pink.
- Thursday - a brilliant red violet.
- Friday - a true black.
- Saturday - a saturated blackberry.
Overall: For $5 a pop, this a great deal as you're essentially getting each a dollar cheaper if you were to buy them as a single. I was worried I wasn't going to notice this "new and improved" formula everyone was talking about with these but I'm happy to say I did. Previously, the mattes dried down very fast (too fast) and were pretty uncomfortable, settling into lines and flaking off. I'm happy to find that these seven were very comfortable and dried a little bit slower so you were able to go back in to fix any lines. I didn't notice any flaking. The only one I had an issue with, as you can see above, was Saturday, which was kind of streaky. I'm pretty sure if I went back over it, I could've evened it out but I did want to show that I did experience streakiness upon the first application. My absolute favorites are: Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and Friday (that black!).
Shop | Buy ($35)
Coming up with this look was a little tough as I love Valentine's Day but I kind of wanted to go in a more dramatic, dark direction. Like a Valentine's Day villian!
- Face: Urban Decay Skin Perfector in Light applied with a damp Beauty Blender. No concealer (I forgot!). For the bronzer, contour, blush and highlight, I used my handy, dandy Smashbox MasterClass Palette 3 (I'm obsessed with this!). For highlight, I used ColourPop x Hello Kitty School is Fun Highlighter.
- Brows: Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Definer
- Eyes: Jesse's Girl Eyeshadow Primer as a base for the eyeshadows and then I went in with ABH Modern Renaissance Palette (literally, the perfect palette for Valentine's Day!). Warm Taupe in the crease, Love Letter on the outer V, Tempera on the lid to lighten things up and then Cyprus Umber under the eye. Vermeer in the inner corner. Kat Von D Tattoo Liner for that cat eye and House of Lashes Iconics.
- Lips: Lined my lips with Bite Beauty Lip Pencil in 22 and then filled them in with Bite Beauty Whiskey
Shop This Look:
* PopSugar provided me a complimentary box.
Starting the week off with a little subscription box opening. Woohoo! Today, we'll be checking out the PopSugar Must-Have Box for January 2017! PopSugar is, hands down, one of the best monthly subscription boxes out there. I'm always so excited to see it show up at my front door.
For those that aren't familiar wth PopSugar, it's a monthly subscription box delivered straight to your door, every month, filled with full-sized home, fashion, food, beauty and more products.
If you click on the "PopSugar" tag below the post, you can check out all of the past month's to get an idea of what might come in your box!
What's in the box?
- Goldfaden MD Fresh A Peel Multi Acid Resurfacing Peel ($85) - Why, hello! Starting off the new year with a spankin' new face. This peel removes dead skin, makes skin softer and brighter and feels clean and cool all while doing so. This peel alone is worth more than the box itself!
- May Designs Desk Calendar & Note Card ($25) - I needed this! My resolution was to get more organized and this is perfect - and pretty! It features all 12 months on gorgeous, floral stockboard. You can also flip this over once you're done and write a note to someone!
- Daily Concepts Your Hair Wrap Towel ($18) - I always swear by using microfiber towels for drying your hair because I feel they help dry your hair the fastest. I had no clue microfiber also helps with frizz and flyaways! This also comes with a pouch so you can tuck it in your bag for on-the-go.
- Manduka eQua Mat Towel in Playa ($38) - Unfortunately, I don't do yoga but my mom does so I can't wait to show her this! This towel is slip-resistant, fast drying and absorbent so you can get your sweat on without worrying about slipping and sliding around.
- Sourcebooks, Inc. Instant Happy Notes ($8.99) - Who doesn't need a little pick me up every once in awhile? This book is filled with pages of cute quotes and drawings to perk you right up.
- Dean & Luca Peppermint Loose Leaf Tea ($10.75) - I wish I liked tea because with its menthol flavor and us battling this horrible cold for about the fifty millionth time this year, I could totally use some of this!
- Glade No. 3 Free Coconut & Beach Woods Candle ($4.99) - My absolute favorite item in the box! The scent is just the right amount of coconut without going too sunscreen-y on ya. The fact that it's soy is such a huge plus for me, as well.
Shop | Buy
(Make sure to use the code: SHOP5 for $5 off your first box!)
Shop this post:
* PopSugar provided me a complimentary box.