Happy 4th of July, my little bambinos! As excited as I am for fireworks, cookouts (gimme foooood!) and red, white and blue everything, I must thank everyone (past and present) who have fought for our freedom because without them we wouldn't be able to enjoy any of that. Thank you :)
As much as I love it, sometimes there's just no time (or patience) to sit down and get your nail art on. I've definitely been there before. At the same time, you still want to be festive and have your nails on point. Girl, I gotchu. Here's my easy-peasy-lemon-squeezy tutorial for cute 4th of July nails.
You will need:
- Red, white, blue and silver glitter nail polish. I used Essie Haute in the Heat for red, China Glaze Frostbite for blue, a random white striper polish and Essie Set in Stones for the silver glitter.
- A nail art brush although I'm almost positive you could use a dotting tool or a toothpick and achieve the same effect.
- Start off with a layer of base coat. Red and blue are the most common offenders for bleeding and staining your nails. Better safe than sorry, amirite?
- Once that's dried, paint your nails red and blue and let them dry.
- Taking your glitter topper, paint over the blue. These are our "stars" :)
- Moving onto the red, take your white striper (or white polish with a nail art brush/dotter/toothpick) and carefully draw three lines across the red. I find it helps to keep your striping hand still and move the nail your painting instead across the striper. Hopefully that makes some kind of sense.
- Once they're all dry, top with your favorite top coat. Mine is Hong Kong Girl from Glisten & Glow!
- Grab a sparkler and get yo shine on! ;p
And that's it, ladies and gents! I hope you all have an absolutely fabulous and safe 4th of July! xx