Can't stop, won't stop. Seriously. ColourPop is a serious addiction I can't get enough. At $5 a pop, it's at least one that won't make my wallet cry. And by wallet, I mean my fiance. And by fiance, I mean his wallet. Kidding.
The newest additions to my collection is the Forget The Fruitcake Holiday Lippie Stix Set - a limited edition holiday set with six lippie stix. Four have a matte finish while the other two are their new hyper-glossy finish.
Don't even get me started on this packaging. My heart is legit exploding from the cuteness.
Love that they have the names at the bottom as well as what the finish is.
- Tutu (matte) - a blackened red violet. Mmm. Tutu reminds me of a nice merlot. Super deep and luxurious. Leaves a nice stain. The magic that is ColourPop's matte finishes allows this to be matte but very smooth and not drying at all. I think it's made from unicorn tears.
- Cookie (matte) - a true nude beige. At first, I thought Cookie was going to be the dud in the group. I'm not really into "nude beige" because they always look brown/orange against my pale skin. Surprisingly, not the issue with this one! It still remains a nice nude but pulls the slightest pink in my lips to make it look flattering on me. Thumbs up!
- Cheers (matte) - a deep raspberry. CP is just killin' it with these colors. Cheers makes me want to wear a comfy sweater and curl up near a fire with some tea (and I don't even drink tea!) and a good book. It just seems so cozy. Not to mention the pigment is insane and with that mystery matte-but-doesn't-dry-my-lips-finish, I can wear this until the last chapter is read and the fire goes out. Cheers also leaves a nice stain.
- Confetti (hyper glossy) - a true blue-red. My first thought when I wore this was that my lips reminded me of a candied apple - just without all the stickiness! I'm so, so in love with it. In the picture, it looks like it moved on my lips a little but it's actually the reflection of my window! IN-SANE.
- Tuxedo (hyper glossy) - a cool-toned neon pink. How can you not swoon over this? It reminds me of a liquid MAC Candy Yum Yum. Very easy to work with, pigmented and wear time was about four hours.
- Lady (matte) - a cool-toned dirty burgundy. Lady mixes this years trend of 90's grunge with next year's Pantone Color of the Year - Marsala! Very flattering, pigmented and smooth. My lips never felt dry or cracked nor did it ever settle into my lines.
(L-R: Lady, Confetti, Cheers, Tuxedo, Tutu and Cookie)
Overall: If I had to recommend someone what they should get from ColourPop it would, hands down, be this set. Not only is it limited edition (which I'm such a freakin' sucker for) but it has the nicest variety of colors and finishes. I would say each shade is flattering on all skin tones.
Which one is your favorite?
ColourPop | Buy - $30