Hey babes! So lately, there's been loads of pictures circulating on quite a few beauty sites about this infamous black face mask that's supposed to take out all of the junk from your pores. Have you seen it? It's basically supposed to be one of those nose strips on steroids that you can apply to your whole face! Strangely enough, one of the lovely people at MayBeauty contacted me right as I was going to order off eBay. How crazy is that?
They ended up sending over "The Incredible Face Mask" - a mask that removes blackheads, prevents acne, removes oils and removes dead skin.
The directions are pretty easy-peasy:
1. Start with a clean, dry face. I have heard that to get amazing results, apply a warm compress over your face to open your pores. I read that hint after I tried this out so I will definitely keep it in mind the next time I do it. DO NOT APPLY THIS TO YOUR EYEBROWS OR ANY HAIRY AREAS. THIS WILL WAX IT RIGHT OFF. I REPEAT. DO NOT APPLY THIS TO YOUR EYEBROWS. It's that crazy sticky.
2. Apply the mask. The brush MayBeauty sent with the masks worked beautifully to apply with. The masks consistency is THICK (like molasses!) so using your hands to apply it can get a little messy.
3. Let it sit for 30-45 minutes. Wash your makeup brushes, catch up on some Keeping Up With The Kardashians or heck, take a nap. It'll feel tight, like rubber, when it's done. After the time is up, simply peel it off (and don't freak if it *ahem* hurts a little).
4. Wash your face with warm water. This will also take off any that is left over.
5. Marvel at all your gunk stuck in the peeled-off mask.
I think the "after" speaks for itself. My nose was so, so soft and smooth. It was kind of bumpy from the little blackheads in the "before". I can't get over how cool this was. Do keep in mind that this removes everything - hairs, oils, blackheads and dead skin so I don't recommend doing this every night because it could make your skin very sensitive. I would rate the sting of taking it off as like, a one. It's not too bad. Like ripping off a bandaid but I didn't expect it with removal. So. Yeah. Surprise! The consistency is like a thick syrup and when it dries, you can feel it's really kind of grabbing onto everything. The mask smells amazing, by the way and isn't overpowering at all. It also feels cooling when it dries.
Overall: I get the hype! It really did pull out a lot of blackheads and left my nose feeling super soft and smooth. I think the next time I try the mask, I'll try to open my pores more with some hot steam and see if it pulls out even more. I absolutely loved the scent of this and the "cooling" sensation it gave when it started to dry. The mask drying to rubber and feeling like pulling a bandaid off the skin was a little unexpected but anyone who gets their eyebrows waxed can handle this like a champ.
MayBeauty.UK || Shop (use this link to get 30% off!)
* Press sample / affiliate links