Hey little mamas (and papas)! It has been a super cray cray week here and it's just begun. Hunter has hand, foot and mouth and a huge case of the "all I want is my mommy" (rightfully so) so needless to say I've been cashing in on the snuggles because they won't last long. Heavy sobs.
Anyway. This post is alllll about the "nude" lipsticks from the ColourPop Ultra Matte Liquid Lipsticks line. I've been testing these babies for quite a few weeks now. I really wanted to give you guys a full, honest review so you know exactly what you're buying come their next restock in
August they're available NOW!
Let's get into the nitty gritty of the formula which I know has a lot of people on the fence. These are ultra matte liquid lipsticks, ladies and gents. Emphasis on ultra matte. I don't know of any liquid matte that doesn't settle or somewhat dry your lips out after a while. I do feel like it performs on the same field as some of the best liquid matte lipsticks out there - but WAY cheaper.
That being said, ColourPop DOES have a uniqueness to this formula. When applied, it goes on like nothing and is really light and cushion-y. For the first few hours, it feels like absolutely nothing is on your lips. Then, getting into the five hour range, they do feel a little dry (the dryness ranges from uncomfy to meh depending on the shade) and sometimes crumbly. I also wanted to note that this lipstick contains 0.11oz of product for $6 compared to Anastasia Beverly Hills and Stila that contain the same amount for $18+.
Onto the "nudes" of the collection!
- Vice - a pale, warm nude. FINALLY. It's light but it's the perfect nude for my pale boobalas. I love, love, love this shade. It has just the right warmth to it so it doesn't give you what I lovingly like to call "corpse lips" but also doesn't pull orange. It's just perfect for my pale mamas and papas. Coordinating lip pencil: Skimpy.
- Midi - a soft, neutral beige. Probably one of my top favorites of this whole entire collection. It's like my lips but better. I wore this to a wedding last weekend, it stayed put through drinking, eating and
partying the night away. Who am I kidding? I sat at our table and people-watched the whole night ;) Coordinating lip pencil: Skimpy or BFF2
- Trap - a dusty greige. I feel like this shade is usually really hard to wear. Either it's too brown, too grey and it ends up looking weird. Trap, on the other hand, has the perfect amount of grey/beige/purple that it actually looks flattering on most skintones. High five! Coordinating lip pencil: Tootsi
- Shimmy - a pale, pastel baby pink. How perfect is this pink? It's the best ballet slipper pink I've come across. It pulls a little blue-toned which is great because it makes your teeth look white. Win/win all around. Coordinating lip pencil: Westie
- 1st Base - a true, mid-toned pink. I would describe 1st Base as being slightly warm than just your typical mid-toned pink but it's still absolute perfection. Super smooth and flattering. Coordinating lip pencil: Fetch
ColourPop | Shop ($6)