Hey guys! I cannot believe I'm talking about back-to-school makeup looks already but the summer is almost halfway over!
Today I'll be sharing with you my first back-to-school tutorial and I'm really excited to share this one in particular as it could also work as an all natural/quick-and-easy/super affordable look - and we all love that!
PS. Stay tuned until the end of the tutorial for more information about #essenceatTarget's Back-To-School Megahaul Sweepstakes! You don't want to miss it!
Without further ado, let's get onto the makeup tutorial:
- For this look, I started off with a quick swipe of a skin-toned base color/primer on my lid. This is going to keep my shadows from creasing and fading away while I run around to classes at school.
- Next, I'm went into my essence All About Nudes Eyeshadow Palette ($5.49) and with a fluffy crease brush, I took the second to the left brown shade (unfortunately, there's no name!) and popping that into my crease.
- Going back into that same palette, I applied the first top left shade (a pretty white) with my finger all over the lid.
- Next, I'm went in with the third from the bottom left shade (a greige) and applied that into my outer v, to deepen the look. I applied this to my bottom lash line as well.
- Almost done! I took the darkest brown shade from the top and applied it on my top lash line to create a smudged eyeliner effect. I like using this technique as it doesn't require perfection at 6:30 in the morning to apply but still looks good.
- Lastly, I patted the pearly white shade into the inner corner to brighten my eyes. I also applied this on my brow bone.
- I finished my eye look with a coat of essence Lash Princess False Lash Mascara ($4.99).
- For my brows, I took the essence Make Me Brow Eyebrow Gel Mascara ($2.99) and swiped through my eyebrows for a natural look. This reminds me of another certain brow gel product I used to be obsessed with and would almost say it's even a cheap dupe for it!
- Onto the face, I applied my favorite light coverage face balm. I prefer something with a balm consistency as it seems to outlast my makeup running around all day without budging! I remember in highschool, my first period class was basically in the basement and then my second period class was on the fourth floor - and I had about five minutes to make it there. Talk about breaking a sweat every day!
- I then applied my favorite concealer to any spots that needed a little extra coverage + under my eyes and set it with my favorite setting powder.
- Next, I applied with my bronzer brush the "contour" side from the essence Contour Powder in Light ($3.99). It seemed a little warm to contour with so I used it as a bronzer and really loved the results.
- Going in with my blush brush, I took the essence Blush Up! Powder Blush ($3.99) in patted it onto my cheeks. I love patting it on rather than swiping it for a more natural flush look.
- Going back to the essence Contour Powder ($3.99) compact, I took my highlighting brush, sprayed it with a setting spray, swiped it into the highlight portion of the compact and applied to my cheekbones, cupid's bow, etc. Basically anywhere you want to brighten!
- Lastly, I really wanted a simple lip so I used the essence Longlasting Lipstick in Nude Love ($2.99) and patted that onto my lips.
Before / After
Three ways to enter the #essenceAtTarget Back-To-School Megahaul Sweepstakes:
- INSTAGRAM - Post your own photo of your take on a back-to-school look or a photo of your Target haul that includes essence cosmetics with the hashtags #essenceAtTarget and #sweeps.
- FACEBOOK - Visit the essence cosmetics page on Facebook, find the post about the sweepstakes and comment with your own back-to-school look or Target haul that includes essence.
- SNAPCHAT - Follow "Essence Makeup" on Snapchat and then visit an eligible Target location find the Essence Makeup filter, take a photo showing your essence purchase or with you and the Essence Makeup display in the background, then snap it to @essencemakeup.
Good luck everyone! x