Raise your hand if you have a toddler that eats like a bird on like, the world's weirdest diet. Here's a better scenario: think about your favorite food and how much you love it. Okay. Now it's tomorrow and you're not sure why, but you absolutely hate that said favorite food you loved so much yesterday and can't even bare the thought of looking at it. That's the exact situation I'm currently working with here.
I do have a silver lining though. If there's one thing he does eat, it's a snack. And multiple snacks throughout the day kind of equal out to meals, right? Right?!
One of his favorite snacks is a super-duper easy, two ingredient snack with his favorite type of Cheerios (Hunter's is the honey nut) and his favorite yogurt (plain ol' vanilla) but I bet strawberry yogurt with regular Cheerios would be amazing - the choices are endless! You can also mix in granola, raisins, etc. to switch it up a bit. This snack is also fab for teething babes as it's pretty cold when it comes out of the freezer!
The best part of this snack? Your toddler can help! It's as easy as mixing the two together and popping it in the freezer! Find the full recipe below and enjoy!
You will need:
- 2 cups of Honey Nut Cheerios
- 1 cup of Yogurt
- Bowl (to mix everything in)
- Parchment paper (not shown in the tutorial but seriously, I recommend this!)
- Optional: Raisins, granola, fruit, etc.
- Add the Cheerios and yogurt together.
- Mix together until the Cheerios are pretty evenly coated.
- Spread out over parchment paper on a sheet pan.
- Pop in the freezer for about two hours.
- Take them out and break them apart. Enjoy! PS. These babies DO melt so make sure to have a bib or wipes nearby!
What's your go-to snack for your toddler?