This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #PartyWithBigY #CollectiveBias
Ladies and gentlemen, the super party (AKA the big game day!) is almost upon us! But let's get a few things straight. I don't really care about who's playing. Even though I was a cheerleader for part of my life, I know absolutely nothing about the sport. I may be there "watching" and maybe even throwing in a few, "Go team, go!"'s but let's be honest, I'm there solely for the food.
One of my favorite things to make for parties (when I have to cook and not just consume) is my buffalo chicken dip which is basically The Best Buffalo Chicken Dip EVER! It combines all the best things awesome about game day: chicken, buffalo sauce, cheese. I mean, it's all there really. The best thing about it is that start to finish is about an hour, if that and it pretty foolproof (which is always A+ in my book)!
The Best Buffalo Chicken Dip EVER!
(Serves as many as can fit their chip in there!)
- 3 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, boiled and shredded
- 1/2 the bottle of hot sauce
- 1 cup of cream cheese
- 1 cup of cheddar cheese
- bagel chips/chips/whatever you feel like dippin' in this dip (my Big Y let me buy bagels and cut them into chips for me!)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Take the shredded chicken and mix the hot sauce in a bowl. Hot sauce is a tricky measurement because it's really up to you how hot you want it. Half the bottle (like my form of measurements?) is perfect hotness for us without burning our mouths off.
3. Grab an 8x8 baking dish and and thickly coat the bottom with a layer of cream cheese. Mmmm, cream cheese. Again, it's kind of up to you how much you want. You can't really do this wrong.
4. The next layer is that yummy, spicy buffalo chicken.
5. Last layer is cheddar cheese! You guessed it, add as much or little as you want!
6. Cover with tin foil and pop this baby in the oven for 30 minutes. The last few minutes, you can take the tin foil off to get the cheese all nice and toasty.
7. Serve with some bagel chips and get your dip on! :)
This year, fortunately (or maybe unfortunately?) we have our own house to host the big game at so I'm actually in charge of the food instead of just consuming it. My go-to store for all thing party-sized (or y'know, just to pick up normal-sized groceries) is Big Y! Not only is it right down the street from our new house but the prices are fantastic and the gold coins makes me feel like a pirate. So it's a win/win/win really!
For your Big Game Parties, Big Y is offering the following specials:
- Party Power Pack: two 30 inch super subs (roast beef, ham or turkey), party size pizza (one topping), 4 pounds of super tenders, InVinceIble Pizza, InVinceible Sandwich (They start with a loaf of our famous LaCrosta Italian Bread, layer in a pound of meat (Ham, Pepperoni, Hard Salami and Capicola Hot Ham), add Provolone Cheese and top it with Lettuce, Tomatoes, Roasted Red Peppers, Onions, Banana Peppers, Mayonnaise and Basil Pesto.) Game Day Seasoned Wings: in the butcher shop – Buffalo, Teriyaki, Beer Can and honey BBQ.
- Party Special: party size cheese pizza, 12 super tenders, one liter bottle of coke. ($24.98 with silver coin)
Do you shop at Big Y? What are your favorite big game party snacks?