Well, well, well. It has been a little while since my face has been on my own blog, huh? As I'm rounding out 36 weeks this Saturday (what what!?), I've been SO exhausted, putting on a full face as been the least of my thoughts. My apologies, ya'll!
That being said, I decided to sit down while Hunter's taking an early nap and try out a whole bunch of products that have been sent to me/that I bought/basically a mix of everything. I also have separate reviews of all the products reviews coming soon but until then...
- FACE: So first off, I started with Mojo Spa's Illuminata Illuminating Herbal Makeup which can be used as a primer, moisturizer and luminizer. I applied this all over my face with my hands as a primer and have been really loving the results. It gives an almost "glowing from within" type of look before I even put foundation on! Next up, I applied Urban Decay's One & Done Skin Perfector (in Light). Mama needs concealer so I applied It Cosmetics CC+ Concealer in Light but I'm almost done with it. Any recommendations for a new concealer? Lastly, I set that with Laura Mercier Brightening Powder.
- BLUSH / BRONZER / HIGHLIGHTER: Blush, bronzer and highlighter are courtesy of Makeup Revolution's Golden Sugar 2 Rose Gold Blush Palette (what a name!). At first glance, this palette doesn't really seem like it would suit lighter complexions but color me surprised! I also want to note that the highlighters in this palette give off a more dewy look then spotlight/glittery/whatever. I love it!
- LIPS: Makeup Revolution Rose Gold Lipstick in Chaffeur - Definitely loving this shade of a brown-mauvy-almost my lips but better color. It's incredibly pigmented and creamy.
- BROWS: Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Definer in Brown
- EYES: MAC Paint Pot in Painterly as a base and then Makeup Geek Confection to set the base. Makeup Geek Peach Smoothie in the crease and then Makeup Geek Dirty Martini (I'm OBSESSED with this olive shade!) all over the lid. Lastly, Makeup Geek Shimma Shimma in the inner corner, tarte Tarteist Lash Paint liner for the cat eye and House of Lashes falsies in Iconic. I'm likin' the lashes but I'm not sure it's love yet. I bought these in one of their sales, had to chop off almost half the lash to fit my eye and then I'm not sure I'm feelin' the thick band. That being said, the lash itself is SO stunning and definitely finishes any look. I think I'm going to have to just play with this one.
I also changed my lighting set up and bought two new soft boxes for a more consistent look. What do you guys think? I'm still playing with the settings but so far, I'm liking the change!
* Some products in this post were sent for consideration as well as some products were bought by me.