Hey guys! Today I have the oh-so coveted Play! by Sephora box for March. This is Sephora's take on a monthly subscription box - except this one has an insane waitlist to even get one. I think I signed up quite a few months ago to wait on the list and then, just recently, randomly received an invite from someone to bump up and start getting the boxes.
Anywho, this month's theme is: The Perfection Collection / Blur the lines and clear the canvas: this month we're helping you master the art of the perfect complexion. Uncover the primer that takes your skin from prepped to pristine, the tools for finishing touches, and all of the other steps to take for putting your best face forward.
What's in the box?
- Sephora Collection The Perfectionist: Airbrush Sponge ($12) - Sephora's own take on the infamous BeautyBlender. One side is for precise concealing, blending in hard-to-reach areas, removing makeup mistakes and getting into small corners while the other larger side is for smoothing foundation over the larger portions of your face. I have yet to try this to compare to my beloved BeautyBlender but I'm pretty interested in finding out!
- Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper ($19) - "This waterproof brush-tip liquid liner glides on to reveal precise, bold strokes of highly pigmented color." This is my go-to liquid liner, especially for creating the tail end of a cat eye. It's so precise and dries very easily!
- Maison Martin Margiela "REPLICA" Fragrance in Beachwalk ($125 for 3.4 oz) - "Beachwalk combines fresh and radiant notes of bergamot, coconut milk, lemon, pink pepper and musk to evoke a familiar by forgotten memory - a walk along the sandy beach." With all of those different notes, I was expecting a different scent. While it's nice, it just straight up reminds me of sunscreen. Whomp, whomp.
- Fresh Soy Face Cleanser ($38) - "Instantly whisks away everyday impurities and makeup without stripping the skin of its essential oils." This cleanser is rich in amino acids, soy proteins (they support moisture retention giving the skin a nice firm look), rosewater to balance and tone the skin, cucumber extract and nourishing borage seed oil to enrich the formula. This cleanser is fab for all skin types and is fragrance and soap-free.
- MURAD Invisiblur Perfecting Shield ($65) - One of my absolute favorite primer, corrective treatment and moisturizer all-in-one! It contains mushroom peptides to diminish the look of fine lines and wrinkles while blurring imperfections. My foundation never budges when this is underneath and my skin always feels soft at the end of the day; never dried out.
- Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Oil ($42) - I was so excited to see a sample of this in the box! This primer oil is infused with 15 essential and lipid-rich plant oils to moisturize the face, leaving a dewy finish. I'm always a little weary to put any type of oil on my face for fear it'll break out but I've only heard good things with this so I can't wait to try it out!
- * Empty Jar - Apparently, there was an empty sample jar in this month's box to bring into your local Sephora to have them match you to a foundation using the Color IQ service and then you could bring home the foundation sample. Unfortunately, my box didn't contain this but that's okay because I'm sure they do that there anyway. For those who don't know what the Color IQ service is, it's the first and only beauty service that scans the service of your skin and assigns it a Color IQ number that matches you to precise lip, foundation and concealer matches. This sounds amazing!
What do you think of this month's box? Pretty interesting, right?